Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yes. Actual fear. The post CM quoted literally said that if we add UN_ they will get rid of "FCOA, an agreement on facilities spending, coaching salaries or stupid regionalization scheme" Etc. he also said that UN_ would "squeeze NDSU to comply" with suicidal policies.

Must be hard being afraid of every shadow you see.
    Maybe you can point out to me in the quote where it actually said, "if we add UN_ they will get rid of".

Yes. Actual fear. The post CM quoted literally said that if we add UN_ they will get rid of "FCOA, an agreement on facilities spending, coaching salaries or stupid regionalization scheme" Etc. he also said that UN_ would "squeeze NDSU to comply" with suicidal policies.

Must be hard being afraid of every shadow you see.
    Thanks Racheal!!! I have been trying hard not to go all 3rd grade, but,... OMG, are you ever simple.

I said that history tells us that Und can use its vote combined with the other MVFC have-nots to do things to cause stagnation etc. Then I gave hypothetical examples. I also said that UND can enhance that power (A voting block) by using the GOB legislature to pressure NDSU.....think it cant be done, Well, you are not paying attention!!

It's not about fear of playing them.....they can come down here and play anytime. It is about letting them have a say in a body that governs NDSU actions. History tells us that is not a good thing for NDSU.

Seriously, you are like a high school chick that keeps going back to her cheating boyfriend...."Oh, this times it’s different...he has changed!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Exactly and your point is why UND’s tiny little voice can become much larger than it might be now. Eventually, they will try to minimize their cost to compete in FB so they can spend more $$$ on the hockies. Oh yeah, and do not forget in addition to collaborating with the MVFC have nots, they will use the GOB in the legislature to squeeze NDSU to comply. its not that UND has cooties, it’s more like they are a cancer and they are back. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves in the same predicament as we were 15 years ago...it might not be on the number of schollies, but it might be FCOA, an agreement on facilities spending, coaching salaries or stupid regionalization scheme.

What gets me is some keep saying that Anti (playing) UND are not being rational, but history suggest those throwing caution to the wind are the irrational ones. No post, no matter how well written or how many are written can change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Maybe you can point out to me in the quote where it actually said, "if we add UN_ they will get rid of".
    Ummmm..... you're right, this guy doesn't sound paranoid at all. not even one bit. Totally rational.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Thanks Racheal!!! I have been trying hard not to go all 3rd grade, but,... OMG, are you ever simple.

I said that history tells us that Und can use its vote combined with the other MVFC have-nots to do things to cause stagnation etc. Then I gave hypothetical examples. I also said that UND can enhance that power (A voting block) by using the GOB legislature to pressure NDSU.....think it cant be done, Well, you are not paying attention!!

It's not about fear of playing them.....they can come down here and play anytime. It is about letting them have a say in a body that governs NDSU actions. History tells us that is not a good thing for NDSU.

Seriously, you are like a high school chick that keeps going back to her cheating boyfriend...."Oh, this times it’s different...he has changed!"
    Quoting you makes me sound like a 3rd grader? I'd have to agree.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Ummmm..... you're right, this guy doesn't sound paranoid at all. not even one bit. Totally rational.
    He's being no more "paranoid" than you are over on the Dome Upgrades thread.

But I guess if YOU make a point, about anything, it's automatically right.............. and no other opinions are valid.

Quoting you makes me sound like a 3rd grader? I'd have to agree.
    I can't Freaking believe it...You did it again!!! I said I had to go all 3rd-grade meaning...take the troll bait and get in the mud. It's a reference to me....ME! I did not say you sounded like a 3rd grader. I said you were simple. AAANNNDDDD You with every post you prove my point!

It is the same as bragging...it is not bragging if it is true. In this case, it is not paranoia if it has happened before. I cannot think of many ways UND has helped NDSU, but I can think of several ways we have been screwed over by them.

Also, reading comprehension means reading the entire post in context versus cherry picking content to make a point. Very modern media of you.

Finally, I do not think you understand the meaning of the word paranoid. You are not using the word correctly. I cannot be paranoid if my position has a rational base and or others share it. I provided the bases of my opinion…history supports it and others seem to share it. Thus, you might suggest my premise is incorrect, my history is incorrect, disagree that it is in our best interest etc., but I dont have a mental illness and I am not scared. Again, I am not scared; I just do not think it is our best interest. Anyway, If you went to continue to discuss this topic according to those themes, I am game. If not, I am done with this.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-26-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    1. Curious as to where you think the Bison would stomp off to, if they were pissed.

2. Excuses for what?

3. Do you really think an opposing view constitutes "fear" in this conversation? That sounds like Fhawker talk....... "you're afraid to play us". Really?

If NDSU and SDSU threatened to leave the MVFC, Patty Viverito and company would freak out as it would mean the end of the MVFC being the premiere FCS conference. There are other FCS conferences that both teams can join as a football only affiliate. Although NDSU and SDSU don't have the biggest voices in the MVFC, they still have some weight, especially as a duo. This alone would prevent UND from pulling any shenanigans. If we were actually afraid of these hypothetical shenanigans, we should have been afraid of them earlier coming from schools like UNI and Illinois State, which have big voices in the MVFC and have bigger financial issues than we do.

In regards to the State imposing sanctions against NDSU to prevent them from being competitive, they would have been done this a long time ago when UND decided to move up to DI. But they didn't. Probably because they can't touch funds generated from NDSU's fanbase and it would be career suicide for them to piss off their constituents.

Again these excuses made up by those who don't want play UND are futile. Whether we as fans want to play them or not, is beyond our and NDSU's control. If a punk-arse, turtleneck-wearing kid jumps into your sandbox, do you cry and leave or do you kick sand in their face and piss-pound them so they don't want to be in your sandbox? I look forward to NDSU kicking a whole lot sand in their faces.

As far "fear" goes, why else would there be such an uproar? The unnecessary complaining we throw out there just gives their program more credence that they could be a threat and that just feeds into their fans' faux-confidence (something about a worm turning). They aren't a threat and until they start getting better recruits, coaches and tradition, they'll won't be more of a threat to our National Championship goals than the lower half MVFC teams are to NDSU.
    Hail the BISON!!!

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And in other news...the Pope is still not smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Half the MVFC doesn't care about being the premiere FCS conference. Some wanted Murray State in the MVFC. Hell they'd drop FB tomorrow if it got them into a better BB conference! It's not about being fearful or making excuses it's about realizing who your friends and foes are and how they prioritize things.
    Only half the teams in the MVFC are in the MVC. That includes Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois. I'm pretty sure all five schools care about the MVFC being the premiere FCS conference. Illinois State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois have been historically strong football programs in the conference while both Indiana State and Missouri State have picked up their "game" in regards to football the past few years to remain relevant. Not sure which school(s) you are referring to that would "drop FB tomorrow" if it got them into a better basketball conference. All five are pretty invested into their football programs right now.
    Hail the BISON!!!