Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Don't you find it just a little bit ironic............that you are ranting about the "never change" crowd............... while at the same time, advocating for turning back the hands of time and playing for the damn Nickel!

Now that's the kind of entertainment I was hoping for today!

You have to remember Mankato kicked and screamed and cried for the last about 5 years on here about us not playing UN_ and how UN_ should be with us.

I actually have loved watching UN_ flop around in transition and watching their athletic department hemorrhage money with their move to D1. It makes me smile!!!!

Mankato has now in the last 2 days went back and bumped about every pro UND thread he can find from the last two years on here. If it looks like a Bromance and acts like a Bromance it must be a Bromance.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I suppose if you are just referring to Lakes, that is true. But I would say the majority of Bv'ers (or at least the loudest Bv'ers) are more of the mindset that NDSU is a Museum. Never change. Everything new is bad, get off my lawn etc etc. (looking at you 56Bison)
    The other irony of ironies is that .........................................even if the entire Bison Nation were in 100% agreement about going back and playing for the Nickel......................UND THEMSELVES will never agree to play for "their precious", ever again.

And somehow, Bisonviller's are the childish ones over this?!

This is really great stuff.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    You have to remember Mankato kicked and screamed and cried for the last about 5 years on here about us not playing UN_ and how UN_ should be with us.

I actually have loved watching UN_ flop around in transition and watching their athletic department hemorrhage money with their move to D1. It makes me smile!!!!

Mankato has now in the last 2 days went back and bumped about every pro UND thread he can find from the last two years on here. If it looks like a Bromance and acts like a Bromance it must be a Bromance.
    I was wondering when somebody would shed the light on this clown. Bvillers stuck in 1972??? He has no clue. Somebody nailed it above that we would be in the NFL taking the reigns from the patriots with Snorty proudly displayed on our helmets.

Firstly, your an jack A**. You didn't create a dialogue OR a movie reference in your response. yes I have I am pro nickel as I think its cool. I think your use of ad-hominem is not only a logical fallacy but also childish- dismissing any opinion different than yours as "kicking and screaming and crying". you must have been the best kind of bully in grade school.

Secondly, I also have a level of schadenfreude. I have enjoyed them flopping around. Adding an annual beatdown while taking their precious trophy would only add to that. How are we not in agreement on this?

Thirdly If you really wanted to discourage my opinion or this conversation you could make an actual argument as why my steve and Jessica scenario is incorrect, or poke holes in my movie reference. but nope. A-hole's gonna a-hole.

fourthly, I haven't "bumped" anything. I responded to threads that were on the main freaking page?? Its okay to respond to threads, on the main page, only if its you or have an opinion identical to yours? got it. Nice. Have fun in your safe space, dick.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Firstly, your an jack A**. You didn't create a dialogue OR a movie reference in your response. yes I have I am pro nickel as I think its cool. I think your use of ad-hominem is not only a logical fallacy but also childish- dismissing any opinion different than yours as "kicking and screaming and crying". you must have been the best kind of bully in grade school.

Secondly, I also have a level of schadenfreude. I have enjoyed them flopping around. Adding an annual beatdown while taking their precious trophy would only add to that. How are we not in agreement on this?

Thirdly If you really wanted to discourage my opinion or this conversation you could make an actual argument as why my steve and Jessica scenario is incorrect, or poke holes in my movie reference. but nope. A-hole's gonna a-hole.

fourthly, I haven't "bumped" anything. I responded to threads that were on the main freaking page?? Its okay to respond to threads, on the main page, only if its you or have an opinion identical to yours? got it. Nice. Have fun in your safe space, dick.
    Yay I'm a Jack*** and a dick!!!!!

I was just pointing out the back story of your posts on here nothing more nothing less. You can have your opinion and post it all day and night on here if you want that is what a message board is for.

Don't you find it just a little bit ironic............that you are ranting about the "never change" crowd............... while at the same time, advocating for turning back the hands of time and playing for the damn Nickel!

Now that's the kind of entertainment I was hoping for today!
    The other irony of ironies is that .........................................even if the entire Bison Nation were in 100% agreement about going back and playing for the Nickel......................UND THEMSELVES will never agree to play for "their precious", ever again.

And somehow, Bisonviller's are the childish ones over this?!

This is really great stuff.
    1. I'm advocating for doing something different than now- which is by definition "change". Not Ironic at all. in fact, it is specifically Ironic that you think NOT doing something different is "Changing"? You're an idiot.
    2. You're right on the second quote. That would be childish of UN_. It would also be childish of us to cave to the PC crowd and say it should be put in a museum for no one to enjoy. (again, not changing). I know this is hard for you to understand. But being "childish" isn't mutually exclusive to one group of people. UN_ can be childish, and our response to other people being childish, can in fact be "Childish" as well. I know this ifs difficult for you but two people can be childish at the exact same time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Yay I'm a Jack*** and a dick!!!!!

I was just pointing out the back story of your posts on here nothing more nothing less. You can have your opinion and post it all day and night on here if you want that is what a message board is for.
    No, you were lying. "Bumping pro UN_ posts from the last two years?" whaat? It was on the main page and I responded to it, so you said I was "bumping" it to dismiss an opinion different than yours. nope. simply responding the exact same threads YOU were already responding to.

Anytime you actually want to attack the argument itself, feel free. Anytime you want to state an actual reason not to play and play for the nickel besides "but 2003!", I'd love to hear it! I'm not above changing my mind if there's actual reasons NOT to do something if its not based on emotions
    3. It's time to go FBS

No, you were lying. "Bumping pro UN_ posts from the last two years?" whaat? It was on the main page and I responded to it, so you said I was "bumping" it to dismiss an opinion different than yours. nope. simply responding the exact same threads YOU were already responding to.

Anytime you actually want to attack the argument itself, feel free. Anytime you want to state an actual reason not to play and play for the nickel besides "but 2003!", I'd love to hear it! I'm not above changing my mind if there's actual reasons NOT to do something if its not based on emotions
    The reason I have for not playing for the nickle is that it has our Logo on one side and a image that they were forced to drop as their logo on the other. I don't care what UND does but we should not touch anything as toxic as that logo fight was and is. If a Nickle wants to be made with a Bison on one side and a Hawk on the other then by all means go ahead and play for it I don't care. NDSU does not need to and should not come anywhere close to putting themselves in a position to even have to answer any questions pertaining to a issue that has been resolved and has no upside for NDSU except to make a few people who cling to the past happy.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

1. I'm advocating for doing something different than now- which is by definition "change". Not Ironic at all. in fact, it is specifically Ironic that you think NOT doing something different is "Changing"? You're an idiot.
    2. You're right on the second quote. That would be childish of UN_. It would also be childish of us to cave to the PC crowd and say it should be put in a museum for no one to enjoy. (again, not changing). I know this is hard for you to understand. But being "childish" isn't mutually exclusive to one group of people. UN_ can be childish, and our response to other people being childish, can in fact be "Childish" as well. I know this ifs difficult for you but two people can be childish at the exact same time.
    I am for doing something different than now - like changing our name from the Bison to the Water Buffaloes. I'm sure you will agree.

It's "change" and, obviously, if you are not for MY kind of "change", then you are part of the childish, do nothing, PC-ish, stay off my lawn crowd. So there!

Oh, and I'm going to tell my Mom on you for calling me names. Then you're gonna be in big trouble, mister!

I am for doing something different than now - like changing our name from the Bison to the Water Buffaloes. I'm sure you will agree.

It's "change" and, obviously, if you are not for MY kind of "change", then you are part of the childish, do nothing, PC-ish, stay off my lawn crowd. So there!

Oh, and I'm going to tell my Mom on you for calling me names. Then you're gonna be in big trouble, mister!
    You budged in line. It was my turn to post next! Tony!!!!!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]