Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    If every rivalry game has a "trophy", to me it begins to lessen the value of playing for one. Just go out and play and win for the sake of doing just that. To me one Rivalry Trophy game is enough. We have the Dakota Marker. Win that and we have bragging rights in two states.

Plus the nickel is outdated too.
    Many schools play for multiple traveling trophies, it doesn't diminish anything
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I would rather not see as a trophy game with them. Been there done that it died when UND did not want to play anymore. The game was replaced with the DM.... one stupid travel trophy is enough.
    Disagree, if we are going to play may as well make it more interesting and fun
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    It's about tradition. It's the continuity that connects the ages. It adds color and history to the game.[/B]
    https://youtu.be/6vQpW9XRiyM
    Not interested in living in the past. Hit it bruce.

Put the damn Nickle in the Museum in Bismark. If the NDSU wins the Bison is displayed. If UND wins the other side is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    Put the damn Nickle in the Museum in Bismark. If the NDSU wins the Bison is displayed. If UND wins the other side is displayed.
    I could live with this compromise.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    One side would never get displayed.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Display it in Bismarck in some sort of way to show both sides and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Display it in Bismarck in some sort of way to show both sides and call it good.
    Williston would be a better place to display it a bit further away
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Play for the trophy please. We have deprived an entire generation of NDSU and UND students, including myself, of the chance to witness the great football rivalry between these two school. All you old timers do is bicker about petty BS but you all had your time to witness the traditions of the Bison vs. the Sioux and now maybe us younger guys want in on that great tradition as well. Who cares about the past differences between our administrations, we will be playing yearly very soon so lets make the game interesting. I know none of you want to hear it but I, as an NDSU grad and lifelong bison fan, cannot wait for the day UND beats us on the gridiron because that's what it takes to get all you old timers to stop bitching and to get the rivalry going again.

Quote Originally Posted by louis13 View Post
    Play for the trophy please. We have deprived an entire generation of NDSU and UND students, including myself, of the chance to witness the great football rivalry between these two school. All you old timers do is bicker about petty BS but you all had your time to witness the traditions of the Bison vs. the Sioux and now maybe us younger guys want in on that great tradition as well. Who cares about the past differences between our administrations, we will be playing yearly very soon so lets make the game interesting. I know none of you want to hear it but I, as an NDSU grad and lifelong bison fan, cannot wait for the day UND beats us on the gridiron because that's what it takes to get all you old timers to stop bitching and to get the rivalry going again.
    First post on BV and uses it to wish und to beat NDSU. Bold strategy.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]