Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Not if the seniors ghost ride the bitch in to the river the first time we win it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Right---no one said it had to be kept in one piece.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I could care less if there’s a “trophy”. I went to NDSU after the split between the two schools. If it’s legislator drive it’s a mistake. If it’s something driven by the students then I’m for it. Legislators just holding onto the past.

The Marker is something that’s new and symbolic of the two schools (NDSU & SDSU) making taking a step-forward together. It’s turned into some good games too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s get serious and play for money.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Let’s get serious and play for money.

You mean using the spread correct? Because last time they had 3 first downs.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You mean using the spread correct? Because last time they had 3 first downs.
    Why give them points? The pricks think they are so good they should play us heads up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I say we play for a nickel, an actual nickel. Before the game Bubba asks coach Entz "so where's the trophy we're playing for?" Coach E responds "oh yeah, thats right" and reaches into his pocket and pulls out a handful of change, picks out an old nickel, blows off the pocket lint and sets it in the corner of the Fargodome.

After the Bison beat the ever living shit out of the fighting hawkeys the players gather at midfield and then back to the locker room. The coin sits untouched. Later that night a Fargodome worker sees the nickel, thinking "hmmm $.05", picks it up, and takes it home where it sits in a change jar until the end of time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    NDSU could win 100 straight titles in football and the fan base and program would still be massively insecure about UND. Daddy issues don’t just go away.
    I don't know, who's on who's football website begging us to be their rivals. It's not us, we got SDSU so who's got the daddy issues.

Maybe Olive Garden could step in as a corporate sponsor. "The OG Endless Salad, Breadsticks and Soup Bowl."

Symbolism would be spot on because the trophy would be much more of a big deal in Grand Forks than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The Nickel was awesome. If its possible to play for it, then cool, lets do it.

I'm not opposed to a new trophy. I dont NEED a new trophy, but I'm not opposed to it. My biggest concern is that it will likely be some boring as hell, milquetoast, forgettable as F*CK, PC trophy, in which case I'd rather have none at all.

Lets use the gophers as an example.

Brown jug, Axe, Floyd are all cool and worth having... The Victory bell and pieces of broken chair are so dumb it makes me want to put a bullet in my brain
    I Could care less if we play them for any trophy. Its not like they are UNI or SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I say we play for a nickel, an actual nickel. Before the game Bubba asks coach Entz "so where's the trophy we're playing for?" Coach E responds "oh yeah, thats right" and reaches into his pocket and pulls out a handful of change, picks out an old nickel, blows off the pocket lint and sets it in the corner of the Fargodome.

After the Bison beat the ever living shit out of the fighting hawkeys the players gather at midfield and then back to the locker room. The coin sits untouched. Later that night a Fargodome worker sees the nickel, thinking "hmmm $.05", picks it up, and takes it home where it sits in a change jar until the end of time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I'm not in favor of having a traveling trophy as a part of the NDSU v _ND game, but if legislation forces us to have a trophy I would go with the real nickel. If the real nickel as a trophy doesn't work, can we just play for the original Nickel Trophy. It's U.S. currency, and it's not even a Sioux Indian.