Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

I agree with the bill. Either use it and have it up for grabs, or but in in the damn museum.

"Use it or lose it", just like timeouts this past BB season.

I would like to see it the the Heritage Museum, UND is no longer the Sioux and it wouldn't seem right. That era is passed.

It should probably be displayed at the Heritage museum with the racist side down though.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It should probably be displayed at the Heritage museum with the racist side down though.
    Is there any other way?
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by UTH View Post
    There appears to be a legitimate controversy here

We have but one way to find out
    No controversy. It's aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    No controversy. It's aluminum.

Crimoney !!!!!! Now its aluminum!!!! Did a google search; aluminum is worth anywhere from 25 cents to 35 cents per pound. Smelt the damn thing !!!

I say play for it. Its a unique trophy. You see all kinds of teams playing for old rivalry trophies. Doubt it'll happen though. I get UND technically won the last Nickel game, but shouldn't Ndsu have a say too?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I say play for it. Its a unique trophy. You see all kinds of teams playing for old rivalry trophies. Doubt it'll happen though. I get UND technically won the last Nickel game, but shouldn't Ndsu have a say too?
    That's the last thing we want..another travel trophy. Even worst than that a travel with the Fhockys. I would say let them do whatever they want with it. However, I am sure it has some value with some of the older players and fans. Thus put it BS.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Crimoney !!!!!! Now its aluminum!!!! Did a google search; aluminum is worth anywhere from 25 cents to 35 cents per pound. Smelt the damn thing !!!
    Whoever smelt it, dealt it. <sorry........I'm such a child>

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    What a coin flip, the state legislature is way out of bounds on the Nickel, don't they have a full enough of a plate with the financial challenges in this state. This reminds me of the ND Attorney General siouxing the NCAA over the SIOUX name and logo. What other U in the country would have their state attorney general file suit? None, the U would handle it themselves, but not here in ND.

UND and NDSU, together should put this to sleep, maybe by permanently awarding it to the school that wins the first MVFC game, since it was awarded at the annual conference game? That would be fair in that the schedule is not out yet and therefore the home team is unknown. The Nickel does not belong in Bismarck, it should be on one of the campuses.
    I disagree...it belongs in Bismarck.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know where you would put it in their exhibits but it definitely does belong in Bismarck. As far as a travelling trophy I don't understand why people are so against it. What's wrong with keeping an extra trophy in Fargo for many years in a row.