Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Thank God it's in the SHS museum where all relics of the past belong. And tell me why , again, we need anything more to play for other than a victory in the MVFC? Do we really need some dumb-ass chunk of metal, wood, or aluminum as a reminder we played them?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Thank God it's in the SHS museum where all relics of the past belong. And tell me why , again, we need anything more to play for other than a victory in the MVFC? Do we really need some dumb-ass chunk of metal, wood, or aluminum as a reminder we played them?
    Kind of the same reason we made up a trophy with SDSU despite having played them 90 times without one?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Kind of the same reason we made up a trophy with SDSU despite having played them 90 times without one?
    And that is why we don’t need another
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    So why do we like that trophy and the rings at the Natty?

Plus, what are we going to find that has a Bison on one side and a pile of shit on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    So why do we like that trophy and the rings at the Natty?
    I will take "The Difference Is They Are National Championships" for $500 Alex.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I will take "The Difference Is They Are National Championships" for $500 Alex.
    If all we need is the knowledge that we won, why don't we chop those trophies up and toss them into the coal pile at the steam plant by Minard?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    If all we need is the knowledge that we won, why don't we chop those trophies up and toss them into the coal pile at the steam plant by Minard?
    If you don't see the difference between winning a National Championship and beating UN_ I don't know what else to say.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Ultimately, it will be decided by the student groups and we should respect that. It's their school whether we are alumni or just fans.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    If you don't see the difference between winning a National Championship and beating UN_ I don't know what else to say.
    I’m not asking about the difference between a Natty and UND. I’m just curious why you think trophies are worth keeping at all?