Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Whoever NDSU plays is not about you.
    Oh well doesn't that just change everything. I guess it really must be an awesome game...those fearless, brave opportunistic dudes taking on the mighty juggernaght up north. It will keep our institution healthy and make our brand known to the universe. Who even needs P5 games with such an incredible foe at our doorstep

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Oh well doesn't that just change everything. I guess it really must be an awesome game...those fearless, brave opportunistic dudes taking on the mighty juggernaght up north. It will keep our institution healthy and make our brand known to the universe. Who even needs P5 games with such an incredible foe at our doorstep
    Playing UND as a conference foe has nothing to do with the ability to play P5 schools. NDSU not being a cupcake has everything about P5 schools not wanting to pay for a lost.

C'mon, you've got to be smarter than trying to correlate the two, even with all your hyperbole.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Whoever NDSU plays is not about you.
    shut up playing und provides ndsu with ZERO RETURN nothing zip zilch.

buy out 2019 nd get $500k fbs game
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Playing UND as a conference foe has nothing to do with the ability to play P5 schools. NDSU not being a cupcake has everything about P5 schools not wanting to pay for a lost.

C'mon, you've got to be smarter than trying to correlate the two, even with all your hyperbole.
    The hyperbole doesn't sound any sillier than saying that playing UND is fearless and opportunistic. It's really simple, NDSU playing UND as a conference foe again is stagnation. You could argue it's more them ascending but it's to us it's a form of stagnating. Spin it positively any way you want. It still completely reeks. It's a dumb thing for people to be excited about and I think 7 years from now most people will be feeling that NDSU football is going backwards. If I'm wrong great, but I highly doubt I am

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The hyperbole doesn't sound any sillier than saying that playing UND is fearless and opportunistic. It's really simple, NDSU playing UND as a conference foe again is stagnation. You could argue it's more them ascending but it's to us it's a form of stagnating. Spin it positively any way you want. It still completely reeks. It's a dumb thing for people to be excited about and I think 7 years from now most people will be feeling that NDSU football is going backwards. If I'm wrong great, but I highly doubt I am
    Is NDSU playing SDSU & USD as conference mates stagnation?

Oh please. Get over yoursef. The und/ndsu football rivalry was amazing in the past and will be again with both teams DI.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Oh please. Get over yoursef. The und/ndsu football rivalry was amazing in the past and will be again with both teams DI.
    Every fan (that includes you) is into themself. They are into something that they consider enjoyable. So "get over yoursef"...seeing our chief regional competitor built up and going backwards into a past that wasn't and won't be as enjoyable as recent times isn't fun imo.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The und/ndsu football rivalry was amazing in the past and will be again with both teams DI.
    I think I'm starting to really be able to sort out all these factions around here. As far as I can tell:

1. There is the so-called "do-nothing" crowd that hates change and childishly wants to stay wherever it is at the moment - which is currently at the top of the FCS heap. Oh, and stay off the damn grass, too!
    2. Then there is the so-called "FBS now" crowd that won't be happy until we leave all the JV stuff behind and move up right now! And don't you dare ask them to pay for it either!
    3. And then.......there is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon.....................but ultimately swears allegiance to the fact that there could NEVER be anything ever that compares to the greatness of the NDSU/UND rivalry in football, and whatever else the hell we do, it damn well better include playing them annually (for the Nickel trophy)!

Am I getting pretty close to figuring all this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I think I'm starting to really be able to sort out all these factions around here. As far as I can tell:

1. There is the so-called "do-nothing" crowd that hates change and childishly wants to stay wherever it is at the moment - which is currently at the top of the FCS heap. Oh, and stay off the damn grass, too!
    2. Then there is the so-called "FBS now" crowd that won't be happy until we leave all the JV stuff behind and move up right now! And don't you dare ask them to pay for it either!
    3. And then.......there is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon.....................but ultimately swears allegiance to the fact that there could NEVER be anything ever that compares to the greatness of the NDSU/UND rivalry in football, and whatever else the hell we do, it damn well better include playing them annually (for the Nickel trophy)!

Am I getting pretty close to figuring all this out?
    What about the straight to NFL crowd? They have a voice too and will not be silenced!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    What about the straight to NFL crowd? They have a voice too and will not be silenced!
    You're right, I forgot about that one! Those guys rock!

Yet..................I just can't help thinking that I'm still missing another group out there somewhere. At least I hope I'm still missing another group, because - as hard as I might try - I just don't seem to fit into ANY of these wildly popular groups!

Oh well. That probably says more about ME than anything else. In the end, I'm only left to quote an old 1972 pop song (a vintage year that I seem to be stuck in)

"................... in my hour of need............................ I truly am indeed........................ alone again, naturally."