Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Roll Call

Default Re: EWU Roll Call

For those who never been to Washington or if it has been a while (2010), here are things you should know.

1) Beer and Wine are sold at the grocery store. The is no such thing as an offsell here. The domestic beer is 3.2. If you want something stronger, Microbrews or Ales are the way to go. You can buy them at the store also.

2) All other alcohol is sold at the liquor store.

3) Now for some of you that want to make this into a Bowl Game, marijuana is legal here. All you have to do is enter Marijuana Dispensaries in google map when you get there. Make sure it states recreational and not medical. Here are the way's you can buy it.
    A) Liquid form - This is not feasible since you need a special vape to smoke it. It is not worth it to buy a vape for just a weekend.
    B) Bud - The problem with this one is that there are only few places you can smoke it. Some hotels have a place you can smoke it or where they would tolerate it like an area of the parking lot that is closed in.
    C) Food products - This is the way to go if you want to indulge. Brownies, cookies, ect. It is also the safest since smoking it is terrible for your lungs.

https://potguide.com/washington/marijuana-laws/

This is only if you indulge. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBisonFan View Post
    For those who never been to Washington or if it has been a while (2010), here are things you should know.

1) Beer and Wine are sold at the grocery store. The is no such thing as an offsell here. The domestic beer is 3.2. If you want something stronger, Microbrews or Ales are the way to go. You can buy them at the store also.

2) All other alcohol is sold at the liquor store.

Go Bison!
    Just a small correction. There are no State owned liquor stores anymore in Washington State because we voted them out a few years ago. [Bad move on our part, as the taxes are now horrendous]

Beer, wine, and liquor are available at nearly all grocery stores, Costco, etc. I don't believe the domestic beer is 3.2% here either, but I could be wrong on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMerlin View Post
    Just a small correction. There are no State owned liquor stores anymore in Washington State because we voted them out a few years ago. [Bad move on our part, as the taxes are now horrendous]

Beer, wine, and liquor are available at nearly all grocery stores, Costco, etc. I don't believe the domestic beer is 3.2% here either, but I could be wrong on that point.
    Let's get this 3.2 shit clarified please.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMerlin View Post

I have a liquor store a block away from me. They are open. The grocery store that I go to has just beer and wine. I'm glad you responded. I am think you have a city or county ordinance that is causing that. It made me think that Spokane might be different too. I called one of their liquor stores and you can buy anything there. It is a lot like an offsell. You can also go to the grocery store but they have a limited liquor selection. I apologize for not checking and just assuming. We stand corrected

As far as the 3.2%, I had a pamphlet stating that when I moved to Seattle in 85. That was many moons ago so the amount could have changed a little. I can't get an accurate answer on the web either. All I do know is that I know my limit on domestic beers to get a buzz. If I drink that same amount in Fargo, I'm drunk.
    Last edited by SeattleBisonFan; 09-01-2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: grammar

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBisonFan View Post
    I have a liquor store a block away from me. They are open. The grocery store that I go to has just beer and wine. I'm glad you responded. I am think you have a city or county ordinance that is causing that. It made me think that Spokane might be different too. I called one of their liquor stores and you can buy anything there. It is a lot like an offsell. You can also go to the grocery store but they have a limited liquor selection. I apologize for not checking and just assuming. We stand corrected

As far as the 3.2%, I had a pamphlet stating that when I moved to Seattle in 85. That was many moons ago so the amount could have changed a little. I can't get an accurate answer on the web either. All I do know is that I know my limit on domestic beers to get a buzz. If I drink that same amount in Fargo, I'm drunk.
    Two words: altitude.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

What's up Herd! I really hope (outside of the final score) all who make the trip have a great time. A couple things on the alcohol sale discussed. You can buy beer, wine, hard alcohol at about any grocery store, Fred Meyer, Costco, Walmart, etc. from 6 am to 2 am 7 days a week. Pros: convenience. Cons: it really does get taxed hard! Also, there is no such thing as 3.2 beer here. None. It would get laughed off the shelves. Be happy to answer any specifics for those making the trip. Safe travels Herd.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How's the smoke.....from the fires, I mean?

Cheney shouldn't be too bad. Cascade wildfires will have mileage to disperse, and MT wildfires are east of the prevailing winds.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    How's the smoke.....from the fires, I mean?
    In Pullman this weekend to watch the cougs beat down the cats. No smoke here but hot af. For anyone driving from nd get your alch there or in mt. No joke liquor is about double the cost out here as it is in nd or mt.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Let's get this 3.2 shit clarified please.
    No 3.2 beer in Washington. There are only 3 states left that sell 3.2 beer and WA is not one of them.

If you're coming from ND and want the hard alcohol, bring it from home because it is less expensive there.