Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Roll Call

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityBison View Post
    I've lived here for about 13 years. Love it...

Seattle area
    Museum of Flight if you're at all into airplanes. Great WW1 and WW2 collections. The Boeing factory tour in Everett is cool (biggest building by volume in the world).
    Seattle Underground tour is great. It's funny and I think they throw in a beer at the end.
    Kerry Park is the where all of those iconic Seattle skyline pictures are taken. Small park but great for photos.
    If you can, check out a Seattle Sounders match. Tickets are relatively cheap (~$30 gets you in the door), 40k+ fans every game. The atmosphere in and around CenturyLink Field is phenomenal.
    Safeco Field is a fantastic place to watch a game even if the home team stinks.
    Pike Place Market was just remodeled so check that out if you don't mind schlepping around with other tourists.
    Chittenden locks are unique. Watch boats travel between Lake Union and Puget Sound. Nice park area and it's free! Don't miss the salmon ladder if you go.
    Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) is worth a stop too.
    Any of the Argosy boat tours. One goes through the locks and another does a big loop around Elliott Bay.
    Bremerton has a naval museum and an old destroyer, the USS Turner Joy, that you can walk through.
    Chateau Ste Michelle winery on the east side is great if you're into wine. There are also several distilleries in that area if you like the harder stuff.

North of Seattle
    If you hike, check out Mt Pilchuck. It's a day hike that takes you up to an old fire watch station. On a clear day, you can see downtown about 40 miles away.
    Deception Pass State Park at the north end of Whidbey Island. Just a beautiful area.
    Chuckanut Drive between Burlington and Bellingham is fantastic. Winds along overlooking the Sound. Much better than interstate highway.
    Bellingham's Fairhaven district is a fun area to kick around.
    San Juan Islands - walk onto the Anacortes ferry and spend the day in Friday Harbor. Little town and everything is within walking distance. Or drive onto the ferry and go to Orcas Island and check out Moran State Park. Mt Constitution lookout is amazing.

South of Seattle
    Mt Rainier's Paradise and Sunrise are great places to picnic. Both have fantastic views of the mountain.
    Tacoma has the LaMay car museum.

Vancouver Island
    Buchart Gardens just outside of Victoria is a standard tourist destination but worth it.
    Strathcona Provincial Park - mountains and lakes with the feeling like you're all by yourself. Can't beat it.
    Tofino - I've actually never been but I've heard it's a great little town on the west coast of Vancouver Island.

I also highly recommend the Olympic Peninsula. You can see beaches (Ruby or Rialto beach), hot springs (Sol Duc), rain forest (Hoh), and mountain top vistas (Hurricane Ridge) all in a day. The very NW tip of the state, Cape Flattery, is out of the way but a great place to watch the waves crash and see wild life (seals, whales, eagles...). Dungeness Spit in Port Angeles extends almost 5 miles out into the Straight of Juan de Fuca. It's another great place to see wild life.

Whatever you do, try to stay off of the freeways in the Seattle area during rush hour. Traffic here is BAD from about 7-10 AM and 3-7 PM on week days. Friday afternoons are especially horrible just about everywhere. Use light rail during those times if you can.

Have fun! September is a fantastic time of year to be in the Pacific NW.

Dam that's an all time write up. May be doing a same day trip based on whether or not wifey wants to come along or not. 13>1 hit me up if you haven't booked a hotel in Seattle. We run an air bnb in our mother in law unit in our house in Seattle and I have a pretty steep discount for bison fans.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Looks like we may pull the tailgate rig to Cheney if there is enough interest in having a tailgate. Let me know so I can gage interest and how much food to get.
    Thanks
    What's on the menu?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityBison View Post
    I've lived here for about 13 years. Love it...

Seattle area
    Museum of Flight if you're at all into airplanes. Great WW1 and WW2 collections. The Boeing factory tour in Everett is cool (biggest building by volume in the world).
    Seattle Underground tour is great. It's funny and I think they throw in a beer at the end.
    Kerry Park is the where all of those iconic Seattle skyline pictures are taken. Small park but great for photos.
    If you can, check out a Seattle Sounders match. Tickets are relatively cheap (~$30 gets you in the door), 40k+ fans every game. The atmosphere in and around CenturyLink Field is phenomenal.
    Safeco Field is a fantastic place to watch a game even if the home team stinks.
    Pike Place Market was just remodeled so check that out if you don't mind schlepping around with other tourists.
    Chittenden locks are unique. Watch boats travel between Lake Union and Puget Sound. Nice park area and it's free! Don't miss the salmon ladder if you go.
    Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) is worth a stop too.
    Any of the Argosy boat tours. One goes through the locks and another does a big loop around Elliott Bay.
    Bremerton has a naval museum and an old destroyer, the USS Turner Joy, that you can walk through.
    Chateau Ste Michelle winery on the east side is great if you're into wine. There are also several distilleries in that area if you like the harder stuff.

North of Seattle
    If you hike, check out Mt Pilchuck. It's a day hike that takes you up to an old fire watch station. On a clear day, you can see downtown about 40 miles away.
    Deception Pass State Park at the north end of Whidbey Island. Just a beautiful area.
    Chuckanut Drive between Burlington and Bellingham is fantastic. Winds along overlooking the Sound. Much better than interstate highway.
    Bellingham's Fairhaven district is a fun area to kick around.
    San Juan Islands - walk onto the Anacortes ferry and spend the day in Friday Harbor. Little town and everything is within walking distance. Or drive onto the ferry and go to Orcas Island and check out Moran State Park. Mt Constitution lookout is amazing.

South of Seattle
    Mt Rainier's Paradise and Sunrise are great places to picnic. Both have fantastic views of the mountain.
    Tacoma has the LaMay car museum.

Vancouver Island
    Buchart Gardens just outside of Victoria is a standard tourist destination but worth it.
    Strathcona Provincial Park - mountains and lakes with the feeling like you're all by yourself. Can't beat it.
    Tofino - I've actually never been but I've heard it's a great little town on the west coast of Vancouver Island.

I also highly recommend the Olympic Peninsula. You can see beaches (Ruby or Rialto beach), hot springs (Sol Duc), rain forest (Hoh), and mountain top vistas (Hurricane Ridge) all in a day. The very NW tip of the state, Cape Flattery, is out of the way but a great place to watch the waves crash and see wild life (seals, whales, eagles...). Dungeness Spit in Port Angeles extends almost 5 miles out into the Straight of Juan de Fuca. It's another great place to see wild life.

Whatever you do, try to stay off of the freeways in the Seattle area during rush hour. Traffic here is BAD from about 7-10 AM and 3-7 PM on week days. Friday afternoons are especially horrible just about everywhere. Use light rail during those times if you can.

Have fun! September is a fantastic time of year to be in the Pacific NW.

Dam that's an all time write up. May be doing a same day trip based on whether or not wifey wants to come along or not. 13>1 hit me up if you haven't booked a hotel in Seattle. We run an air bnb in our mother in law unit in our house in Seattle and I have a pretty steep discount for bison fans.

I am a definite "maybe"...............

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    I am a definite "maybe"...............

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Do we have to pick you upon the way?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    What's on the menu?
    Dont know yet. Cajun sausage poboys? BBQ meatballs? Gyros? Brats? Kielbasas? Carnitas? Crawfish boudin? Shrimp and grits? Hungarian brats? Italian sausage? Cajun shrimp boil?

I dont know. But I will have something figured out.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by verticalvike View Post
    we are driving over as well, not sure we will have room though as we have a 8 & 10 year old. How many are there of us from the Seattle area? Is there a place to watch games? We just moved here from Fargo last summer.
    I know there are a few. I've tried to connect with folks before and ask about local watch parties in Seattle, but I haven't ever had success. Maybe we'll make some connections at this game in Cheney.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like we may pull the tailgate rig to Cheney if there is enough interest in having a tailgate. Let me know so I can gage interest and how much food to get.
    Thanks
    Protoplasm, let me know if you need anything. I will be driving there from Portland, likely just a day trip for me, and can bring some stuff such as a large sturdy canopy, 3-burner stove, several prep tables, etc. Just PM me if you want me to bring anything. Also, we should add some sort of seafood to the menu given we will be in the PNW. I don't want to commit him to anything but we all have a Bison friend that has fantastic resources to some of the best seafood supply in the region. I can help coordinate with him if need be.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Protoplasm, let me know if you need anything. I will be driving there from Portland, likely just a day trip for me, and can bring some stuff such as a large sturdy canopy, 3-burner stove, several prep tables, etc. Just PM me if you want me to bring anything. Also, we should add some sort of seafood to the menu given we will be in the PNW. I don't want to commit him to anything but we all have a Bison friend that has fantastic resources to some of the best seafood supply in the region. I can help coordinate with him if need be.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    Appreciate the offer. But we have all the equipment needed including tents etc. Look forward to seeing you.

Do we have to pick you upon the way?
    Definitely maybe..............that could be fun, yes?
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court