Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Roll Call

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Roll Call

For those staying in Spokane at the Doubletree what bars are you going to? Any recommendations within walking distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    For those staying in Spokane at the Doubletree what bars are you going to? Any recommendations within walking distance?
    We fly in at about 830 Friday night then head to doubletree. Hope to catch up with a lot of Bison fans after that

Anyone coming to Cheney that is willing to pick up a youth medium yellow Bison t-shirt for my daughter? She decided to sport the colors!

If so, please PM me to coordinate details. Not looking for anything fancy. Can pay when we get the shirt or PayPal, whichever is easiest.

Anyone that is driving to EW should be aware of all the fires in western Montana. If you were driving to Greatfalls on 87 then 200 to Missoula I believe the pass is closed because of smoke & fires. Highway 2 through Glacier could be problematic. There is a new fire near Libby. Check on Montana road conditions before you go!

Let's hope for a change in the weather.

Predicted temperature for the is the low 80's
    It is very smokey right now. I don't think it as bad as it was for the Montana game, but it is close.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In Coeur d'Alene for the night, very smoky. Be prepared for a lengthy delay there with 2 lane construction going on. Sat on interstate for over an hour at a standstill. Stopped in Missoula today for lunch and I thought it was darker and smokier than when the Bison were out there 2 years ago. I'll take low 80's for the game on Saturday, thought it was going to be hotter than that when I looked a few days ago.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    How's the smoke.....from the fires, I mean?
    We just got to Bozeman and no smoke
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Start holding your breath now!

The air quality is horrendous right now. They are still predicted a big improvement by Saturday.

https://www.spokanecleanair.org/current-air-quality

http://aqicn.org/city/usa/washington/cheney/turnbull/ [closest site to Cheney]

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMerlin View Post
    Start holding your breath now!

The air quality is horrendous right now. They are still predicted a big improvement by Saturday.

https://www.spokanecleanair.org/current-air-quality

http://aqicn.org/city/usa/washington/cheney/turnbull/ [closest site to Cheney]
    Holy crap, the entire west is on fire right now. I left my car outside on the street last night and it was covered in ash this morning. They have announced early school closings due to heat and poor air quality in the region. Also cancelled outdoor sporting activities.

A woman that works for me lives in the Columbia River Gorge (just east of Portland) and is on evacuation orders. A couple of days ago, some dumbass accidently started a fire in the Eagle Creek area because he thought fireworks were a good idea in a very dry forest. They were rescuing hikers and backpackers all day yesterday and about 160 people had to hike 14 extra miles, much uphill, to get to a road where they had busses waiting to get them the hell out of there. Somehow, last night the fire jumped the Columbia River and is now burning on the Washington side. The river is huge, so that is incredible to me. They've shut down I-84 for a 45 mile length because of this mess.

Because of basic geography and wind patterns, the smoke and ash from this fire are being pumped right into Portland. Beijing has cleaner air, no joke.

Other fires are currently blocking 2 passes over the Cascades in Oregon and the highest priority fire in the country is in SW Oregon in an area that had a 500,000 acre fire about 10 years ago. This new fire is at about 150,000 acres.

Crazy stuff. Sorry for the drift...
    Insert something clever here...

Wind is blowing a ton of smoke over Colorado too. Here's a pic of the sun taken yesterday from the golf course. Taken with my phone with no filters. Can't imagine what it's like further west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)