Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Roll Call

Default Re: EWU Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMerlin View Post
    I have taken the train several times and it is a pleasant way to make the trip. Unfortunately, the arrival and departure times are not good. Arrival 1:40 a.m. Departure: 1:25 a.m. It is usually a little over $200 round trip.
    Great price, though. Likely can get that for 10K SPG points or less.

Train is just fine for a big group that wants to roam and have no worries about time, make sure if you do take the train you go out a day or more early in case something happens which is pretty common. Also be ready for some strange individuals to talk with as the clientele between Chicago and Seattle can be very interesting

did it once, never again but we were in college and the lady let us drink our own booze so that helped, oh and be ready to sit at the Train station for hours waiting for a train that is NEVER on time
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    did it once, never again but we were in college and the lady let us drink our own booze so that helped, oh and be ready to sit at the Train station for hours waiting for a train that is NEVER on time
    Bigger lesson, always check train progress before you go to the station. No reason to be there early if it will not be there!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bigger lesson, always check train progress before you go to the station. No reason to be there early if it will not be there!
    It doesn't work that way, at least not when we went, they made us be there and checked in so the counter person could go home at 330 am

We were supposed to board the train at like 425 am in Fargo but it turned out to be around 7am, not much to do

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    It doesn't work that way, at least not when we went, they made us be there and checked in so the counter person could go home at 330 am

We were supposed to board the train at like 425 am in Fargo but it turned out to be around 7am, not much to do
    ha, pretty much the same BS we had to do, we did watch the progress but it didnt matter they wanted us there and "ready"
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced. My Dad and I made the trip out there in 2010 for the playoff game, and it was one of the most memorable trips that we've taken together. Took the Amtrak with plenty of other Bison fans, crazy delays, ride to Cheney from a random Bisonviller, walking uphill to the stadium and a limo pulling over and giving us a ride the rest of the way, unbelievable game with so many ups and downs, snow falling, raucous Bison crowd, etc. We're going to do things a bit differently this time around since we've got more than a week to plan for this game. Leaving right after the MVS game and heading west. Only things planned at this point are stops in Glacier National Park, Seattle to visit family, and some camping along the way. I'll either be flying home or taking the train and Dad will keep traveling down the west coast for vacation. Go Bison!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd rather die than take the train.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post

The thought of a platform full of Bison fans waiting for a 425am train brings lots of interesting images to mind.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

I went to submit my ticket request online and it looks like they are $40 per ticket. That seems kind of high for an FCS game that probably won't be sold out.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I agree that it seems kind of high when the season tickets range from $90 to $160!

I have always been able to get tickets for the games, when I've wanted them. I suspect this game will sell out or will be very close.

A bit more about EWU's stadium and possibilities for the future. Maybe there is more recent information out there, but if so, I have not heard much about it.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-land-for-new/