Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Green and Gold Spring Game 2017

Default GDT: Green and Gold Spring Game 2017

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    On Brooks TD run, #9 totally whiffed on an open field tackle. If Wimbush was in there it would have been a 1 yard gain
    Yeah, well, a lot of teams will have a player like #9. And, I wouldn't call it an open field tackle. It was at line of scrimmage and just off tackle. Plus, you fail to mention the downfield hesitation and subsequent cut against the grain. That was a great run, but I understand your lack of football instincts won't allow you to see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: GDT: Green and Gold Spring Game 2017

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yeah, well, a lot of teams will have a player like #9. And, I wouldn't call it an open field tackle. It was at line of scrimmage and just off tackle. Plus, you fail to mention the downfield hesitation and subsequent cut against the grain. That was a great run, but I understand your lack of football instincts won't allow you to see that.

Off tackle or open field to my untrained eye it looked like a whiff and was unblocked although the cut and spin was pretty impressive You don't want to make a mistake vs Brooks or it's over. Either way you gotta make that tackle
    https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...659572225?s=09

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Looks like he burnt three pretty good athletic players on that play. First was against #9, Marquise Bridges, then I believe #38, Jaxon Brown and finally against #42, Jabril Cox.

I hope to see a lot of this from Ty Brooks this year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

How did the o line look?

I thought the young Rams looked good but that's just an opinion of a guy who has an old jockstrap on his head.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Looks like he burnt three pretty good athletic players on that play. First was against #9, Marquise Bridges, then I believe #38, Jaxon Brown and finally against #42, Jabril Cox.

I hope to see a lot of this from Ty Brooks this year.
    The more I watch that run the more impressed I am. I don't think Dudzik, Heagle, or Littlejohn would have stopped him. What's crazy is the the cut he made on Bridges and then when he spun he didn't even lose any speed and accelerated with ease. And Zack Kuntz blocks the DE and then his downfield blocking was a thing of beauty and got in the way of Jabril getting a good angle. Wonderfully executed play

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Ty looked great. Purifoy looked good. Cox looked good. The QB's were less then spectacular to say the least. Easton didn't look good throwing the ball at all IMO. The passing game in general looked pretty pathetic. That's a bit concerning.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Ty looked great. Purifoy looked good. Cox looked good. The QB's were less then spectacular to say the least. Easton didn't look good throwing the ball at all IMO. The passing game in general looked pretty pathetic. That's a bit concerning.....
    If the offense was shredding the defense in camp I would be worried but the defense is almost always way ahead of the offense at this stage.

The run blocking was awesome but we clearly missed our 2 starters at D Tackle

The 2nd team defense looked pretty bad at times

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nobody has said this yet but I didn't think our O Line had all that great of a day. They did get better as the game progressed, but the pass blocking wasn't all that great most of the day. There were 4? sacks that they called and they should have called at least a few more. Run blocking was much better. I know we are replacing 3 multi-year starters but I was hoping to see more from them today.

Seems like rb could be one of the deepest positions on the team. Both Brooks and purifoy looked good and cofield had been mentioned as being good. Throw in dunn and Bruce and that's a talented bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Seems like rb could be one of the deepest positions on the team. Both Brooks and purifoy looked good and cofield had been mentioned as being good. Throw in dunn and Bruce and that's a talented bunch
    Run the damn ball!
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club