Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Green and Gold Spring Game 2017

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: Green and Gold Spring Game 2017

I think the "incompetence" is purposeful. With the the fact that focusing on the game (not the announcers) is their job plus combined with complaints they have received they can't possibly be this thick and not realize how terrible their production is. They are doing it on purpose. I don't know why they are but I really don't think its a mistake or accidental

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is no tackle eligible rule in NCAA. You are eligible by 2 things: number and position. Your number has to be 1-49 or 80-99. 50-79 can never be eligible at the snap. They can become eligible once B touches the pass. By position you have to either be an end or a back. If you are "covered up" by another player on the line you aren't eligible regardless of your number. Teams will sometimes overload one side and cover an eligible number to get the defense to commit someone to him.

Eligibility applies only to forward passes regardless if they are behind or beyond the neutral zone. You can throw a backward pass to any player anywhere on the field. But forward has to be to an eligible receiver.

Also note there is no such thing as a lateral in the rule book. Everything is a pass. The difference is backward or forward. A pad is an intentional act as is a kick. A fumble is accidental loss of possession. A muff is an unsuccessful attempt to catch or recover a loose ball. Definitions are critical because those words are used in other areas of the rule book and they matter. For example, announcers or coaches will say, "you can't advance a muff." That's not true because you often can. The kicking team can't advance a kick that's been muffed. But if the receiving team fumbled the ball (implying it was possessed and no longer a kick) and then muffed it, the kicking team can advance that.

That's ends your lesson for today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why didn't they simply continue to show the play on the field and just all over it if they wanted to share all their wisdom? How many times did they say "we're not going to show [this play] because, well we don't have to". WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I think the "incompetence" is purposeful. With the the fact that focusing on the game (not the announcers) is their job plus combined with complaints they have received they can't possibly be this thick and not realize how terrible their production is. They are doing it on purpose. I don't know why they are but I really don't think its a mistake or accidental
    BLAME HOCKEY instead of showing entire game VNL knew they were leaving at 2. (puck drop wasnt until 2:13 btw )

so they tried to show more stories and streamline the game into those stories

just pathetic
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    There is no tackle eligible rule in NCAA. You are eligible by 2 things: number and position. Your number has to be 1-49 or 80-99. 50-79 can never be eligible at the snap. They can become eligible once B touches the pass. By position you have to either be an end or a back. If you are "covered up" by another player on the line you aren't eligible regardless of your number. Teams will sometimes overload one side and cover an eligible number to get the defense to commit someone to him.

Eligibility applies only to forward passes regardless if they are behind or beyond the neutral zone. You can throw a backward pass to any player anywhere on the field. But forward has to be to an eligible receiver.

Also note there is no such thing as a lateral in the rule book. Everything is a pass. The difference is backward or forward. A pad is an intentional act as is a kick. A fumble is accidental loss of possession. A muff is an unsuccessful attempt to catch or recover a loose ball. Definitions are critical because those words are used in other areas of the rule book and they matter. For example, announcers or coaches will say, "you can't advance a muff." That's not true because you often can. The kicking team can't advance a kick that's been muffed. But if the receiving team fumbled the ball (implying it was possessed and no longer a kick) and then muffed it, the kicking team can advance that.

That's ends your lesson for today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Missed call then. Receiver was 64 and the call was thrown forward by about one yard.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Why didn't they simply continue to show the play on the field and just all over it if they wanted to share all their wisdom? How many times did they say "we're not going to show [this play] because, well we don't have to". WTF

I doubt this is the case but is there any chance Klieman didn't want too many plays on tv?? New offensive coordinator, many starters sitting out and many players playing with little experience. If that isn't the case and I'm an advertiser I'm asking for my money back and seriously considering pulling it for the season also.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    As a past defender of KVLY, there is no way I can defend the shit show they aired Saturday. I bet they missed about 50% of the game while airing commentators conversing. WTF KVLY!!!!!
    They missed more than 50%. That production was just terrible.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Can't explain why KVLY has crappy production when the Bison All-Access showed everything: http://www.gobison.com/watch/?Archiv...2&type=Archive

If you don't have an account, I suggest paying a month's worth to see the difference (heck, just check out the production of last year's games compared to KVLY). My only complaint was there was no Bison 1660 audio overlay this time and I had to have it playing in a separate window and pause it till I had it in sync with the video.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Can't explain why KVLY has crappy production when the Bison All-Access showed everything: http://www.gobison.com/watch/?Archiv...2&type=Archive

If you don't have an account, I suggest paying a month's worth to see the difference (heck, just check out the production of last year's games compared to KVLY). My only complaint was there was no Bison 1660 audio overlay this time and I had to have it playing in a separate window and pause it till I had it in sync with the video.
    Is there 1660 overlay on season games on gobison?

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    Is there 1660 overlay on season games on gobison?
    Yes, that's why I was disappointed about the lack of the audio for Saturday's game. Trying to sync two windows isn't fun. If you get a subscription (even just for a month), you will be to watch last years regular season home games. Their camera angles, replays and scoring bugs are different than the KVLY (and therefore, ESPN3) version.

Hail the BISON!!!