Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

That flag represents a people and a past that never valued our core American ideals...to the point that they tried to leave the union. They are NOT patriots in ay form.

I served with a lot of fellas that had assorted confederate gear/emblems. I sure wasn't gonna tell em that weren't patriots while being active duty military. Sorry not good on a computer but second line is meant to be in response to the first line.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    That flag represents a people and a past that never valued our core American ideals...to the point that they tried to leave the union. They are NOT patriots in ay form.

I served with a lot of fellas that had assorted confederate gear/emblems. I sure wasn't gonna tell em that weren't patriots while being active duty military. Sorry not good on a computer but second line is meant to be in response to the first line.
    You're certainly welcome to your opinion but the juxtaposition is too much for me.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    You're certainly welcome to your opinion but the juxtaposition is too much for me.
    there's no way that's a real word bro
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    They weren't put in camps but I'm pretty sure there was a time they didn't let Irish into the states. Some of my family had to move to Canada first and then north dakota as Canadians eh.
    My mom (who is half Irish) thought Blazing Saddles was stupid except for the line where the railroad says they will take <derogatory names for black and Chinese> but they won't take any Irish.
    It's OK to not be OK.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    there's no way that's a real word bro
    What? Opinion is a real word.
    Insert something clever here...

Why are you so against the southern/confederate guys Tony? Just curious, as I'm thinking they just want to be left alone and retain some independence.....or states rights, so to speak.
    The Confederacy was about two things: Profiting from owning their fellow man (and the descendants of those people since they made slavery an inheritable condition) and committing treason. What's not to like? If they wanted to be left alone, they could have decided not to attack Fort Sumter. Slavery would still have been legal for them.

And I am sick to death of people making up some fairy tale history about the Civil War being a principled war fought on behalf of states rights... Southern states demanded the right to tell new states that they had to allow slavery. When Lincoln got elected, they knew they weren't going to get their way so they turned to treason. I guess it was "states' rights" for them, but not non-slave states.

Crap, did any of you have ancestors fight for the Union? And would you have said, "Man, we should really let the slave states tell North Dakota that we have to allow slavery?"

Patriotism comes in many forms. Lots of folks seem to forget that.

Scotland is a part of the UK and their entire national anthem is about becoming a nation again that can stand against the English army.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Patriotism comes in many forms.
    Just like plaid eh?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, there was an internment camp for Germans south of Mandan too.
    That is correct.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_L...nternment_Camp

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You know what's just as stupid as waving a Confederate flag? Non British citizens giving a fuck about the queen of England. She can kiss my American ass eh. You'd think the media and celebs want a monarchy.

Lardsin must go!