Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't know where people get the idea that our government was supposed to be perfectly proportionately representative....or that we're a "democracy" at all.

If that's what was wanted, you could just have everyone vote on everything (today) or have near perfectly proportioned representation. The thing is, they very clearly set it up to NOT be like that.

The way it is isn't perfect, it's just the best way yet devised.
    I don’t think anyone has that idea.

You’re right what we have isn’t perfect and it is better than what came before. For the third time, maybe let’s try to do that again.

Here’s a possible compromise. Still in deep long shot territory but every state is guaranteed 3 congress people right now and the rest are apportioned by population. How about we guarantee one senator and two reps instead of two senators and one rep, leave the sizes of the legislative bodies the same and apportion 50 senate seats and the balance of the house by population.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

History Channel Hunting Confederates.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There is a big difference between saying our country is bad and wanting to see it do better.
    I think u need to audit that statement bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Its worse than that. The constitution gave those extra fractional votes to the white men who held those people as property.
    I feel guilty, Bro!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I feel guilty, Bro!
    Why? .

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think u need to audit that statement bro.
    It’s like a middling version of your favorite meal.

Why? .
    Becauase I’ve been reading Clarence Thomas’s memoirs and opinions. He’s on the Supreme Court in the event you didn’t know that. He is also African American. With the injustice you and Tony portray here, I’m not sure how that ever happened, especially when the inevitable “sexual assault” trap was set for him. Crazy how that thing gets WD’d/Water Displaced and re-used over decades of time.

Ive also been busy looking through my family’s heirlooms for that nuisance/elusive and historical Confederate Flag. Can’t seem to find that Sumbitch, but admittedly got distracted by some of Condoliza Rice’s writings and looking for (to a much lesser degree) the Obama Netflix series and the past opinions of our new African American Supreme Court Justice.

Just not enough time to keep up with all of this injustice, especially when I get interrupted by the complete discriminatory admission policies of all the “elite” College Institutions around the country.

Have a great weekend!

I’m considering moving to a different country that has a “better” constitution—just can’t find one. Maybe you can help with that?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Becauase I’ve been reading Clarence Thomas’s memoirs and opinions. He’s on the Supreme Court in the event you didn’t know that. He is also African American. With the injustice you and Tony portray here, I’m not sure how that ever happened, especially when the inevitable “sexual assault” trap was set for him. Crazy how that thing gets WD’d/Water Displaced and re-used over decades of time.

Ive also been busy looking through my family’s heirlooms for that nuisance/elusive and historical Confederate Flag. Can’t seem to find that Sumbitch, but admittedly got distracted by some of Condoliza Rice’s writings and looking for (to a much lesser degree) the Obama Netflix series and the past opinions of our new African American Supreme Court Justice.

Just not enough time to keep up with all of this injustice, especially when I get interrupted by the complete discriminatory admission policies of all the “elite” College Institutions around the country.

Have a great weekend!

I’m considering moving to a different country that has a “better” constitution—just can’t find one. Maybe you can help with that?
    Right so more bullshit grievances about things that no one here actually said. Enjoy your weekend and good luck with your search.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Not by all Americans - certainly not by the ones waving Confederate flags, past or present. Man, you can't ask people to forgive and forget when there are people waving the Confederate flag and acting like Confederate generals deserve statues.
    I know, right?! Like people buying 10-acre properties and asking what lawn tractor they should buy to mow and whatnot, while also preaching “climate change”. Those kinda peeps are hypocrites and losers.
    Last edited by CAS4127; 05-21-2022 at 02:02 AM.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Who here is trying to erase the founding fathers? Jefferson was a genius. If all he’d done was supervise the construction of Monticello he’d probably deserve to be remembered. If all he’d done was kick start the Library of Congress he’d probably deserve to be remembered. He bought Louisiana. He wrote the Declaration of Independence. The Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom and founded UVA. He owned 600 humans.

Just acknowledge the shitty things so we can try to do better going forward.

No one is a racist today just because they happen to enjoy disproportionate representation in the Senate. But just because it’s been that way from the beginning isn’t a reason not to want to change it so we can continue with the business of creating a more perfect union.
    Shitty things happened. We evolved as a species. There is nothing we can do to fix then other than try the be better humans.

It's like the 1942 Japanese Americans thrown into internment camps. That was arguably the worst thing we've ever done because they, unlike slaves, had Constitutional Rights and we took them away. We apologized and have moved on and hopefully we can learn from history. The Japanese moved on because instead of dwelling on the past, they have moved forward and now dominate everything from education to career success. The don't dwell on it and don't really talk about it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com