Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Not by all Americans - certainly not by the ones waving Confederate flags, past or present. Man, you can't ask people to forgive and forget when there are people waving the Confederate flag and acting like Confederate generals deserve statues.
    I didn't say "all" Americans. My point isn't that American's aren't without fault, it's that there is much more good than bad here and I think the running down of the country is overdone.

I don't see how anyone is helped now by continuing to dwell on the past. I'm not saying to forget it....it happened. It's over. Now it's time to move on.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yes. I agree completely. I'm not saying it shouldn't be remembered. I just don't think our country is terrible as some make it out to be.
    Who are these people you insist are saying that America is a terrible place?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There is a big difference between saying our country is bad and wanting to see it do better.
    I completely agree with this. Of course we can be better. Some think and say our country is terrible...I disagree.

Yes. I agree completely. I'm not saying it shouldn't be remembered. I just don't think our country is terrible as some make it out to be.
    I've been pretty consistently saying that slavery and the Confederacy were terrible. Those two things aren't the USA - they're almost literally diametrically opposed to everything that makes the USA what it aspires to be.

Who are these people you insist are saying that America is a terrible place?
    See Ibid: re: your and Tony’s above posts. Get way over yourselves please.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    What year was that again? Did you get some sort of Liberal talking point memo from somewhere?
    1860. Southern households.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I'm addressing two posts at once here and too lazy to quote them. Plenty of people say that....just look on Twitter or Facebook. Lots of people hate this country, which is just amazing to me.

I didn't mean to imply that Tony hates our country, I was speaking more in general.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    See Ibid: re: your and Tony’s above posts. Get way over yourselves please.

Right, just more grievance about things no one here is actually saying. Have a great weekend and good luck with your search.

1860. Southern households.
    I vaguely remember that year—>solid. LMAO.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I'm addressing two posts at once here and too lazy to quote them. Plenty of people say that....just look on Twitter or Facebook. Lots of people hate this country, which is just amazing to me.

I didn't mean to imply that Tony hates our country, I was speaking more in general.
    Twitter and Facebook, see, there’s your problem right there…