Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

https://ndxplains.com/2017/04/21/al-...cost-millions/

"It seems that NDSU owns some prime real estate on the Northwest corner of the intersection of Interstate 29 and 19th Avenue North in Fargo. A developer who holds an interest in a property to the west has been wanting NDSU to ‘swap’ their land with the less valuable land controlled by that developer. Appraisals of the two properties indicated that the NDSU land was initially worth around $4 million more than the other property. A later appraisal indicated that the differential had widened even more with NDSU’s land valuation rising even higher.

So, Al Carlson prepares an amendment to force the land swap. He presents this amendment despite knowledge of the vast difference in appraisals that are justified not only by location, but also because of drainage issues and the railroad crossing on the land further west.

As we’ve said before, nothing is by accident this late in the legislative session. It is all premeditated. One has to ask why Al Carlson would insist on a land swap that would cost NDSU, the public university in the city he represents, millions of dollars. What relationship does he have with the developer that would result in Carlson working on behalf of private interests over and above public interests? Is it just a coincidence the developer is a large, continuous, contributor to the NDGOP and Republican candidates?"

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

If you live in Al’s district, keep voting for him, and consider yourself to be a NDSU supporter, you need to pay closer attention.

ND voters, do something about this shit.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

sadly this will never reach the public news and if it does it will be DB's fault for not doing good business and poor leadership
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

whos gonna start a recall petition?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Such a wily wascal that AC is. When called out, its "just to generate discussion" (about anything that might benefit NDSU ...)

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2017/a...-to-swap-land/

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Such a wily wascal that AC is. When called out, its "just to generate discussion" (about anything that might benefit NDSU ...)

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2017/a...-to-swap-land/
    Just to create discussion means I got caught trying to slip something through at the twelfth hour.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Man, you just can't make this shit up.

DemocraticPamela Anderson27.2%2,639****RepublicanAl CarlsonIncumbent26.7%2,590****RepublicanBette GrandeIncumbent24.2%2,347****DemocraticSheila Christensen21.8%2,113

oh Al was beat out by 1 girl...and dam near 2 others
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?