Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    People are waving Confederate flags all over the US right now. What should upset you more as an American than that?
    Gravey and vinegar on French fries!!!! Eh.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Some people get traumatized by the sight of the American flag bros.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Some people get traumatized by the sight of the American flag bros.
    Possibly it has to do more to do with seeing what flags are being waved around it or the people who are waving it? I fly an American flag on most nice days myself (or I did at our old house - I haven't found a flag pole at our new place.)

I mean, some people are traumatized by hearing Spanish in a grocery store, an M&M not wearing sexy enough shoes, hearing the truth about history, wearing a mask during a pandemic, or accidentally being called the wrong pronoun (and, really, how does that last thing happen? I mean, if I'm talking to somebody, I don't refer to them in the third person and the type of pronoun one would use in conversation, second person, doesn't have a gender.)
    Last edited by tony; 05-23-2022 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    No one is against teaching the Truth, but just sick of all the libtard's continually living in the past and reliving slavery and other past troubles the USA had in it's short history. You ever notice that they always dwell on the bad and never on the good that the USA had done? It just gets old.
    Yes, the folks who’d like to see us learn from our past and try to do a little bit better going forward are the ones living in the past.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Is everything otherwise gonna be ok? I mean, the UNITED STATES sucks. I wish people who hate it would just leave for another, “better” country, because none of them have any questionable history. I’ll suggest Germany and or Russia for those that hate the USA, or, even better for you, China or Afghanistan. I mean, those places are so much better. Get busy leaving please. Goodbye!

Altu MAGA!
    We are without question the best of the lousiest. No country gets an A. Maybe our great great grand kids will live in a utopian world

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yes, the folks who’d like to see us learn from our past and try to do a little bit better going forward are the ones living in the past.
    Say something like Jan 6.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We are without question the best of the lousiest. No country gets an A. Maybe our great great grand kids will live in a utopian world
    Depends on your perspective. I could understand certain Native American nations having a different calculus.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    America usually gets an "A" for effort. We've had a generally upward trend of becoming more democratic and more firmly recognizing that America is an ideal rather than an ethnicity (which is a trap a lot of old world countries fell into.) But there are forces that constantly fight that progress every single step of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Depends on your perspective. I could understand certain Native American nations having a different calculus.
    Well that's kinda his point. Nowhere is perfect. Just off the top of my head, world powers since 1492 have:

Participated in slavery
    Tried to colonize Africa
    Tried to colonize Asia
    Tried to colonize the entire western hemisphere
    Invaded each other for the purpose of committing ethnic genocide
    Committed religious genocide inside their own countries
    Tried taking over the world
    Developed weapons capable of obliterating the world 100x over

Everybody carries blame. But I think it's getting better and I think the US has driven a lot of it.

Not that we did it because we're good people, btw. We did it because it made things more profitable
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    America usually gets an "A" for effort. We've had a generally upward trend of becoming more democratic and more firmly recognizing that America is an ideal rather than an ethnicity (which is a trap a lot of old world countries fell into.) But there are forces that constantly fight that progress every single step of the way.
    Thank you for your endorsement of the United States! Much appareciated. What would the fox (foxes?!?) say?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.