Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Shitty things happened. We evolved as a species. There is nothing we can do to fix then other than try the be better humans.

It's like the 1942 Japanese Americans thrown into internment camps. That was arguably the worst thing we've ever done because they, unlike slaves, had Constitutional Rights and we took them away. We apologized and have moved on and hopefully we can learn from history. The Japanese moved on because instead of dwelling on the past, they have moved forward and now dominate everything from education to career success. The don't dwell on it and don't really talk about it
    Yep, we threw Japanese Americans into Camps while German Americans ran free down in Wishek and Linton. Guess they needed someone to stir the sauerkraut!
    Dealing with Racist issues in America and around the world is like evolution. A work in progress. Of course people today are not responsible for what happened 80 years ago but in order to deal with todays issues we cannot forget the mistakes of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, we threw Japanese Americans into Camps while German Americans ran free down in Wishek and Linton. Guess they needed someone to stir the sauerkraut!
    Dealing with Racist issues in America and around the world is like evolution. A work in progress. Of course people today are not responsible for what happened 80 years ago but in order to deal with todays issues we cannot forget the mistakes of the past.
    When you put it that way, it's even more shocking

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

When you put it that way, it's even more shocking
    Well, there was an internment camp for Germans south of Mandan too.

Teach history, not fairy tales.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

German nationals and German Americans were interred during both world wars. During wwii unlike Japanese Americans who were detained en masse based only on their ethnicity. German nationals and German Americans were evaluated individually and were provided a modicum of due process.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

That's pretty fucked. Did some digging and we did it to Italians too

Germans Americans were never even issued a formal apology

11k Germans and 400k Japanese Americans

I have to wonder how hard it would be to pick up German Americans. It's not like they look obviously German. I'm German.. and Irish

What's considered a Gernan National? Someone from Germany and not a citizen I assume? I get that decision but American Born

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Is everything otherwise gonna be ok? I mean, the UNITED STATES sucks. I wish people who hate it would just leave for another, “better” country, because none of them have any questionable history. I’ll suggest Germany and or Russia for those that hate the USA, or, even better for you, China or Afghanistan. I mean, those places are so much better. Get busy leaving please. Goodbye!

Altu MAGA!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Is everything otherwise gonna be ok? I mean, the UNITED STATES sucks. I wish people who hate it would just leave for another, “better” country, because none of them have any questionable history. I’ll suggest Germany and or Russia for those that hate the USA, or, even better for you, China or Afghanistan. I mean, those places are so much better. Get busy leaving please. Goodbye!

Altu MAGA!
    Imagine thinking that this makes you more patriotic.

That's pretty fucked. Did some digging and we did it to Italians too

Germans Americans were never even issued a formal apology
    In WWII, I believe that it was almost all German and Italian nationals who got put in internment camps and there was some sort of due process involved - so it was not quite the same. I mean, there were over a million Americans who were born in Germany at the time. Heck, in my jr high German language class, half the kids raised their hands when asked if anybody in their family still spoke German at home.

I'm not a huge history buff, but I do think that it would be better to teach the truth rather than fairy tales. For one thing, the truth is more interesting and, for another, it better prepares a person for citizenship. What baffles me is the same people who say that "You can't teach the truth because it makes us feel bad" are often the same ones who want to teach a false history in which the Confederates were the good guys.

In WWII, I believe that it was almost all German and Italian nationals who got put in internment camps and there was some sort of due process involved - so it was not quite the same. I mean, there were over a million Americans who were born in Germany at the time. Heck, in my jr high German language class, half the kids raised their hands when asked if anybody in their family still spoke German at home.

I'm not a huge history buff, but I do think that it would be better to teach the truth rather than fairy tales. For one thing, the truth is more interesting and, for another, it better prepares a person for citizenship. What baffles me is the same people who say that "You can't teach the truth because it makes us feel bad" are often the same ones who want to teach a false history in which the Confederates were the good guys.
    No one is against teaching the Truth, but just sick of all the libtard's continually living in the past and reliving slavery and other past troubles the USA had in it's short history. You ever notice that they always dwell on the bad and never on the good that the USA had done? It just gets old.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    No one is against teaching the Truth, but just sick of all the libtard's continually living in the past and reliving slavery and other past troubles the USA had in it's short history. You ever notice that they always dwell on the bad and never on the good that the USA had done? It just gets old.
    People are waving Confederate flags all over the US right now. What should upset you more as an American than that?

The irony is that almost everything good the US has ever done was violently opposed by the same types of people who think waving a Confederate flag is fine. Ending slavery was the best thing the US has ever done. Guess who opposed that? Women getting the right to vote was the second. I'd say decriminalizing being gay is right up there as well. Heck, let's make a list of all the great things the US has done so I can see where "low gas prices" fits in.