Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 421

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

  1. #231
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Borup
    Posts
    20,272

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I thought we were talking about whether or not we should have a slightly more representative democratic republic or not but whatever.
    You say that, but the implications of your posts are way beyond that issue/topic, and you expect/hope to do so with impunity. Likely works for some, but not for me. The judgmental and arrogance of your posts aren’t lost on me.

    I’m thinking MX will be a good place after the migration of illegals passes throw the southern border with the Cartels the focused on this borders and illegal immigrants. Less to deal with in Mexico proper/Punta Sur.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC







  2. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    17,587

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Just as all whites aren't Irish, Norwegian or German. But I still call them white. And a black guy from Zimbabwe is different than other blacks but the same. Black guys
    You just said you were taking specifically about Japanese Americans and then you said a bunch of stuff about Asians. There are 4.5 billion Asians in the world. There are 24 million Asian Americans. 1.5 million are Japanese Americans. There are 5 other Asian American groups that are larger than the Japanese American community. Get your shit straight.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  3. #233
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,600

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    You just said you were taking specifically about Japanese Americans and then you said a bunch of stuff about Asians. There are 4.5 billion Asians in the world. There are 24 million Asian Americans. 1.5 million are Japanese Americans. There are 5 other Asian American groups that are larger than the Japanese American community. Get your shit straight.
    Specifically Japanese Americans sit at the top of the economic scale. I could have been more specific

    17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

  4. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    17,587

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Filibuster going away would improve democracy. Reforming how we are represented in the Senate would improve it more.

    Of course the filibuster is merely a Senate rule which the Senate can change at anytime whereas making the body more representative is substantially more difficult.
    Here’s my first post on the topic. Just oozing with implications, judgment and arrogance.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  5. #235
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,600

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Here’s my first post on the topic.
    It's the off season buddy, what else are we gonna talk about? Lol

    17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

  6. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    17,587

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Specifically Japanese Americans sit at the top of the economic scale. I could have been more specific
    Depending how you break in down they’re between 3rd and 17th in household income.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...usehold_income

    Indian-Americans and Taiwanese-Americans are the highest. So once again it looks like you’re having trouble telling your Asians apart.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  7. #237
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    17,587

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's the off season buddy, what else are we gonna talk about? Lol
    Well, Emilio Pagan just gave me another heart attack to there’s that.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  8. #238
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    24,225

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yes. I agree completely. I'm not saying it shouldn't be remembered. I just don't think our country is terrible as some make it out to be.
    Agree. I've always thought being critical of our own past is one of the things that makes our country great. Patriotism based on a selective and superficial remembering of the past seems very weak in comparison to a full accounting of our nation's history. Both it's triumphs and it's atrocities.

  9. #239
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,600

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Depending how you break in down they’re between 3rd and 17th in household income.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...usehold_income

    Indian-Americans and Taiwanese-Americans are the highest. So once again it looks like you’re having trouble telling your Asians apart.
    My point is Japanese Americans are economically very successful despite their great grand parents being stripped of their constitutional rights, thrown into American interment camps and lost all their property

    If you lump all Asians together, they are way ahead of whites. If you look at Japanese Americans individually, they are way ahead of whites

    Indians are the doctors, so they probably make the most

    https://www.pgpf.org/blog/2021/11/in...erview-of-data

    17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

  10. #240
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NC
    Posts
    7,456

    Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think the issue is not so much that they’re right or left as especially with Facebook you’ve got to work really hard to not get put in a box where they’re only showing you what they know you want to see.
    I think you're right about that....Twitter as well I think.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •