Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I vaguely remember that year—>solid. LMAO.
    Edward H Bonekemper III “The Myth of the Lost Cause” published in 2015.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Twitter and Facebook, see, there’s your problem right there…
    I suppose you're right, they're obviously not representative of society and clearly tend to lean left, I think that's pretty clear. Still, some of the users are real people.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Just for the record, this kind of political debate is the kind I most enjoy because it's not the typical stupid partisanship (or at least not much.) I mean, if "slavery was bad" becomes a partisan issue again, then we've got some serious problems.

And the reason I'm up haranguing you poor bastards is because I was simultaneously watching the NY Rangers lose while updating all the FCS schedules for 2022 (which I'm very happy about getting done - even if the coaches and conferences will need some cleaning up.): Bisonville.com - Bisonville Main Page

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I suppose you're right, they're obviously not representative of society and clearly tend to lean left, I think that's pretty clear. Still, some of the users are real people.
    I think the issue is not so much that they’re right or left as especially with Facebook you’ve got to work really hard to not get put in a box where they’re only showing you what they know you want to see.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Just for the record, this kind of political debate is the kind I most enjoy because it's not the typical stupid partisanship (or at least not much.) I mean, if "slavery was bad" becomes a partisan issue again, then we've got some serious problems.
    We all agree slavery was bad, what we don’t agree on is wanting to continuously focus on a past that has by and large been rectified and solved via Constitutional Amendmens and massive legislative efforts. Good God already!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I think the issue is not so much that they’re right or left as especially with Facebook you’ve got to work really hard to not get put in a box where they’re only showing you what they know you want to see.
    Or what Facebook wants you to see/their agenda?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Maybe it helped a little bit that we spent 20 billion dollars rebuilding the economy in their home country instead of going back on our promises for a century. In any event I think what you say about how Japanese Americans feel about internment is mostly not true, except for the bit about not talking about it much. And it’s certainly not true that they’re dominating education and business that was just some freak out we experienced for a hot minute in the late 80s.

But yes shitty things happen and for the 4th time yes maybe we can do a little better going forward.
    I'm not talking about the nation of Japan. I'm talking about Japanese Americans thrown into internment camps. Asian Americans on average are the most educated wealthiest and even high the highest IQ scores. Asians score so high on ACTs that schools like Harvard adjust for them. It's not genetic, it's culture and the lowest divorce rates

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We all agree slavery was bad, what we don’t agree on is wanting to continuously focus on a past that has by and large been rectified and solved via Constitutional Amendmens and massive legislative efforts. Good God already!
    I thought we were talking about whether or not we should have a slightly more representative democratic republic or not but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm not talking about the nation of Japan. I'm talking about Japanese Americans thrown into internment camps. Asian Americans on average are the most educated wealthiest and even high the highest IQ scores. Asians score so on ACTs that schools like Harvard adjust for them. It's not genetic, it's culture and the lowest divorce rates
    So all Asians are Japanese Americans now…

So all Asians are Japanese Americans now…
    Just as all whites aren't Irish, Norwegian or German. But I still call them white. And a black guy from Zimbabwe is different than other blacks but the same. Black guys. But specifically Japanese Americans do quite well

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com