Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Say what you will about Kevin Cramer (and it seems there is a lot to say), but he has made himself more available to constituents than most politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Say what you will about Kevin Cramer (and it seems there is a lot to say), but he has made himself more available to constituents than most politicians.
    Also Kramer is national... don't want to get into one of those national-partisan-political conversational death spirals.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Also Kramer is national... don't want to get into one of those national-partisan-political conversational death spirals.
    Nope didn't mean to take it down a partisan road at all. In fact I don't really know much about Cramer other than over the past couple months he has held multiple town halls which seems to be rare in this day and age.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Hail the BISON!!!

Hot Carl is running for Fargo City Commission. He just won't go away. He tried in West Fargo and lost. Now try Fargo

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

https://kfgo.com/2022/04/26/565834

Al is most likely in favor of this.

As you know the state wants to increase the threshold from a simple majority to 60% to change the states constitution.
    I guess I didn't know. Has every vote we've had on initiated measures changed the ND Construction?

When your an all Blue State or Red State you already have enough or to much power. The people should not have a harder time to make law then the politicians.

In Washington it looks like the fillabuster will soon be history. They want a simple majority for them. 50 plus one for the politicians 60 or is it 61 for the people?

Power grab, hypocrisy

No to this measure.
    Last edited by PickedBess; 05-17-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post

As you know the state wants to increase the threshold from a simple majority to 60% to change the states constitution.
    I guess I didn't know. Has every vote we've had on initiated measures changed the ND Construction?

When your an all Blue State or Red State you already have enough or to much power. The people should not have a harder time to make law then the politicians.

In Washington it looks like the fillabuster will soon be history. They want a simple majority for them. 50 plus one for the politicians 60 or is it 61 for the people?

Power grab, hypocrisy

No to this measure.
    It's similar to the pissing on the will of the people measure that failed last time

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post

Power grab, hypocrisy

No to this measure.
    Filibuster going away would improve democracy. Reforming how we are represented in the Senate would improve it more.

Of course the filibuster is merely a Senate rule which the Senate can change at anytime whereas making the body more representative is substantially more difficult.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Filibuster going away would improve democracy. Reforming how we are represented in the Senate would improve it more.

Of course the filibuster is merely a Senate rule which the Senate can change at anytime whereas making the body more representative is substantially more difficult.
    Ten senators represent the 5 most populous states with 123.4 million while ten senators also represent 3.4 million people. Even if you go to the top and bottom ten states in population, the difference in population/senator is 20:1
    It's OK to not be OK.

I am certain the rural states would want the people in the major cities to determine issues pertaining to them. Oh wait we do, it's called the House of Representatives.