Can you win elections on one issue?

Hands Please.
    Yes. Free hookers and blow for everyone
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Yes. Free hookers and blow for everyone

Honest Luther Grimbley, Politician

Grimbley openly admitted he'd lose his job if he couldn't lie.

Who do trust more Government or Media?

Economy not looking good for Biden and the Dems.
    Biden approval at 39%. Interest rates up. Stock market down 20%. It's the economy stupid. Election right around the corner.

If they were smart they'd start sending out checks. Like Trump did for the farmers. They could say the cost of everything is up. And we want to help. Are they smart?

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post
    Government is a big, varied collection of organizations. Generally speaking, I trust the government - librarians, teachers, extension agents, CDC, NASA, NWS, etc, but there are bits I don't trust whatsoever.

And the media covers a large amount of entertainment. I'm guessing you are referring to "main stream media" which generally means news organizations. Well, news organizations range from flat-out conspiracy-theory generators to people who say that only an idiot would take them seriously to folks who say "we aren't really news so you can't sue us for lying" to actual newsrooms who make good faith efforts to report the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post
    "...were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter"

Thomas Jefferson, 1787
    https://tjrs.monticello.org/letter/1289
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    "...were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter"

Thomas Jefferson, 1787
    https://tjrs.monticello.org/letter/1289
    Man, that's some glib nonsense because anarchy is hell on earth. On the flip side, there'd be a lot of material for reporting.

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.” Possibly Thomas Jefferson too.

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Man, that's some glib nonsense because anarchy is hell on earth. On the flip side, there'd be a lot of material for reporting.

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.” Possibly Thomas Jefferson too.

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

All men are created equal.

Hot Carl lost again. He's on quite the losing streak. What is that 3 or 4 straight losses? Lost in the state legislature, Cass County Commission and now city commission. He could probably run for janitor and lose

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com