Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Congratulations. 150 years ago some republicans weren’t racist.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Congratulations. 150 years ago some republicans weren’t racist.
    Youre in good company.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Youre in good company.

I didn’t think it could get any dumber than “Democrats used to be racist too, but then they wussed out on us” but there you go proving me wrong.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Lardsin must go!

Of all the tired boomer tropes “x are the REAL racists” might be the most tired.

That and comparing literally everything to Hitler/Germany.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Same questions to your side, and I’ll help by answering your second question for you: White.
    Well, the USA would still be the USA as the states not run by neo-Confederates would, you know, stay in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Weren't those Confederates, you know the ones that everyone here is down on, for the most part Democrats? The ones in favor of secession, slavery, etc. ....Scotty.
    Funny how things changed. What do you think Republican Union War veterans would think if they came to the future only to find out that so many Republicans a) wave the Confederate flag and b) dream of seceding?

Hell, what do you think that founders of North Dakota who picked "Liberty and Union, Now and Forever, One and Inseparable" would think of secessionist daydreamers?

But it's not just a Democrat v Republican - there are plenty of people in the USA who want to see the world burn - it's not limited to the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, the USA would still be the USA as the states not run by neo-Confederates would, you know, stay in the USA.
    CAS's desire to show how tough he is overrode his ability to follow your conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    If I want to hear what Kermit thinks, I'll turn on Sesame Street.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Funny how things changed. What do you think Republican Union War veterans would think if they came to the future only to find out that so many Republicans a) wave the Confederate flag and b) dream of seceding?

Hell, what do you think that founders of North Dakota who picked "Liberty and Union, Now and Forever, One and Inseparable" would think of secessionist daydreamers?

But it's not just a Democrat v Republican - there are plenty of people in the USA who want to see the world burn - it's not limited to the GOP.
    So what you are saying is politics are back in play at BV?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."