Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Right, you just made my point. There was an initial desire for a confederacy and it failed miserably so when they were drafting the Constitution, they knew that they needed some central controls to make it actually work, then they placed state freedoms around it.

FWIW - I might have some nuances a bit sideways. This is all coming from my Problems of Democracy class in high school in the 80's plus random reading since. Plus I hear what I want to hear at times...
    Ok, well I'm certainly not defending the confederacy. I just thought you were saying they wanted a strong federal government but they decided to give a few rights to the states....actually, I'm pretty sure that's almost exactly what you said
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Weren't those Confederates, you know the ones that everyone here is down on, for the most part Democrats? The ones in favor of secession, slavery, etc. ....Scotty.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    This is delightful as a thought experiment.

What would the Secessionists want North Dakota's new motto to be?
    What would the Not United States of America use as a flag? Would you just recycle the Confederate one?
    What would your national anthem be?
    Would there be higher education? Or education at all?
    Who would the first Secretary of Religion be?
    What would the executive branch do (aside from look for witches?)
    What percentage of North Dakotans would have to vote for Secession in order for it to be valid? I'd think that you'd want more than a simple majority, but true Secessionists would probably argue that God wants you to let the Bismarck Brain Trust decide the issue for you.
    Do you really think Colorado, Minnesota and Illinois would go along with the idiot cabaret? Or even Georgia?
    How are you going to prevent my Union Civil War widow and Dakota Homestead-filing Great-Great Grandmother from emerging from her grave and dragging you by your ears straight to eternal damnation where you can talk about how hot it is with Robert E. Lee and Co?
    What would the Idiocratic Bill of Rights look like?
    What would you call this new confederacy?

So many questions... This might be my favorite thread tangent ever!
    Same questions to your side, and I’ll help by answering your second question for you: White.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Weren't those Confederates, you know the ones that everyone here is down on, for the most part Democrats? The ones in favor of secession, slavery, etc. ....Scotty.
    Yep—and not much has changed. To this day they despise successes of African Americans/Black people. Heck, just Google Biden’s nonsensical attack of Clarence Thomas during Thomas’s Supreme Court nomination process, or, if you’re looking for a more modern attack, take a look at what they are doing to Herschel Walker in one of Tony’s confederate states—Georgia.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yep—and not much has changed. To this day they despise successes of African Americans/Black people. Heck, just Google Biden’s nonsensical attack of Clarence Thomas during Thomas’s Supreme Court nomination process, or, if you’re looking for a more modern attack, take a look at what they are doing to Herschel Walker in one of Tony’s confederate states—Georgia.
    Herschel must be one of those "Not really Black" types that Uncle Joe referred to?

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Herschel must be one of those "Not really Black" types that Uncle Joe referred to?
    Ask Tony that. Don’t have the answer.

I do have an answer to his third question tho. We’ll keep our National Anthem and God Bless America. They/his side can come up with new ones. After all, they prefer to kneel on the necks of those—not to personify those of course.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Yes, your point that's relevant today is what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Same questions to your side, and I’ll help by answering your second question for you: White.
    Actually that would be fitting. Could role them up in a pointed coned hat in a pinch.

Herschel is one of those not mentally functioning types...

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yes, your point that's relevant today is what exactly?
    I think post #364 says it better than I can.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!