Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I thought we were talking about whether or not we should have a slightly more representative democratic republic or not but whatever.
    You say that, but the implications of your posts are way beyond that issue/topic, and you expect/hope to do so with impunity. Likely works for some, but not for me. The judgmental and arrogance of your posts aren’t lost on me.

I’m thinking MX will be a good place after the migration of illegals passes throw the southern border with the Cartels the focused on this borders and illegal immigrants. Less to deal with in Mexico proper/Punta Sur.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Just as all whites aren't Irish, Norwegian or German. But I still call them white. And a black guy from Zimbabwe is different than other blacks but the same. Black guys
    You just said you were taking specifically about Japanese Americans and then you said a bunch of stuff about Asians. There are 4.5 billion Asians in the world. There are 24 million Asian Americans. 1.5 million are Japanese Americans. There are 5 other Asian American groups that are larger than the Japanese American community. Get your shit straight.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

You just said you were taking specifically about Japanese Americans and then you said a bunch of stuff about Asians. There are 4.5 billion Asians in the world. There are 24 million Asian Americans. 1.5 million are Japanese Americans. There are 5 other Asian American groups that are larger than the Japanese American community. Get your shit straight.
    Specifically Japanese Americans sit at the top of the economic scale. I could have been more specific

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Filibuster going away would improve democracy. Reforming how we are represented in the Senate would improve it more.

Of course the filibuster is merely a Senate rule which the Senate can change at anytime whereas making the body more representative is substantially more difficult.
    Here’s my first post on the topic. Just oozing with implications, judgment and arrogance.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Here’s my first post on the topic.
    It's the off season buddy, what else are we gonna talk about? Lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Specifically Japanese Americans sit at the top of the economic scale. I could have been more specific
    Depending how you break in down they’re between 3rd and 17th in household income.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...usehold_income

Indian-Americans and Taiwanese-Americans are the highest. So once again it looks like you’re having trouble telling your Asians apart.

It's the off season buddy, what else are we gonna talk about? Lol
    Well, Emilio Pagan just gave me another heart attack to there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yes. I agree completely. I'm not saying it shouldn't be remembered. I just don't think our country is terrible as some make it out to be.
    Agree. I've always thought being critical of our own past is one of the things that makes our country great. Patriotism based on a selective and superficial remembering of the past seems very weak in comparison to a full accounting of our nation's history. Both it's triumphs and it's atrocities.

Depending how you break in down they’re between 3rd and 17th in household income.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...usehold_income

Indian-Americans and Taiwanese-Americans are the highest. So once again it looks like you’re having trouble telling your Asians apart.
    My point is Japanese Americans are economically very successful despite their great grand parents being stripped of their constitutional rights, thrown into American interment camps and lost all their property

If you lump all Asians together, they are way ahead of whites. If you look at Japanese Americans individually, they are way ahead of whites

Indians are the doctors, so they probably make the most

https://www.pgpf.org/blog/2021/11/in...erview-of-data

I think the issue is not so much that they’re right or left as especially with Facebook you’ve got to work really hard to not get put in a box where they’re only showing you what they know you want to see.
    I think you're right about that....Twitter as well I think.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!