Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Hybrid View

Default More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

https://ndxplains.com/2017/04/21/al-...cost-millions/

"It seems that NDSU owns some prime real estate on the Northwest corner of the intersection of Interstate 29 and 19th Avenue North in Fargo. A developer who holds an interest in a property to the west has been wanting NDSU to ‘swap’ their land with the less valuable land controlled by that developer. Appraisals of the two properties indicated that the NDSU land was initially worth around $4 million more than the other property. A later appraisal indicated that the differential had widened even more with NDSU’s land valuation rising even higher.

So, Al Carlson prepares an amendment to force the land swap. He presents this amendment despite knowledge of the vast difference in appraisals that are justified not only by location, but also because of drainage issues and the railroad crossing on the land further west.

As we’ve said before, nothing is by accident this late in the legislative session. It is all premeditated. One has to ask why Al Carlson would insist on a land swap that would cost NDSU, the public university in the city he represents, millions of dollars. What relationship does he have with the developer that would result in Carlson working on behalf of private interests over and above public interests? Is it just a coincidence the developer is a large, continuous, contributor to the NDGOP and Republican candidates?"

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

If you live in Al’s district, keep voting for him, and consider yourself to be a NDSU supporter, you need to pay closer attention.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    If you live in Al’s district, keep voting for him, and consider yourself to be a NDSU supporter, you need to pay closer attention.
    I am donating to whoever runs against him. He is in district 41. Time for him to be done.

http://www.legis.nd.gov/districts/2013-2022/district-41

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I am donating to whoever runs against him. He is in district 41. Time for him to be done.

That's from 29 East to 25th st. and S 17th ave down to S 52nd ave for future reference.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I don't say this very often, but I'll be listening to McFeely this morning.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcFeelyWDAY/...08531511615489

One of the reasons that you want a two-party system is that it is supposed to guarantee that somebody will speak up about the other side's malfeasance... but, on a lot of issues, the opposition party is completely silent. In this case, it's because the opposition's mouthpiece supports legislation, no matter how evil, if it screws NDSU. I'm talking about Joel Heitkamp, for one, and Mike Jacobs as another. They could be hammering Big Al and company, but they are silent - and even supportive. Hell, they have themselves twisted up in knots so much that they blame NDSU for ND legislators being crooked.

Here are some facts:

1. A group of legislators tried to shut down a nursing program in Bismarck, and then said that what the amendment said wasn't what they were meaning to do. Liars.
    2. A group of legislators tried to take another $3.5 million from NDSU for no other reason that NDSU was trying to serve the state. I'm guessing that they were pissed because if they could have put the nursing school on the table, then they could have used it to trade for something else and spent more money in the process.
    3. UND's budget is bigger than NDSU's. But, somehow, NDSU's budget cut is $5 million deeper than UND's. Why? Because "fuck NDSU", that's why.
    4. While every institution is getting drastic cuts, a group of legislators decided to increase UND's Medical School budget by fourteen percent.
    5. Not satisfied with raising the Med School's budget by a sum nearly equal to Williston State's entire state general funding is, a group of legislators is trying to raid something called the Student Loan Trust Fund to the tune of $15 million for the benefit of UND's medical school.

So what's the reaction for Heitkamp and Mike Jacobs? Well, I don't know about the former, but Jacobs wrote this story: http://bismarcktribune.com/news/loca...a2e40c636.html

The fate of the Sanford program in the long term might not be decided ahead of this week’s deadline. A number of alternatives were suggested, including attaching it to Dickinson State University, where budget cuts have been deeper than at any other North Dakota college.

It’s too late to make that happen this session,” said House Majority Leader Al Carlson, R-Fargo, “but it’s something we should look at in the future.”
    The Bismarck Tribune also ran an editorial suggesting the same solution, "Rent too damn high. Give it to Dickinson State." http://bismarcktribune.com/news/opin...c1ffa85b3.html

One possibility being floated is attaching the NDSU program to the nursing program at Dickinson State University.
    Last edited by tony; 04-24-2017 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post

Why is he trying to trade land that is not in his district?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

This is just a guess but his career as a contractor may have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Al doesn't care about his district or the state for that matter, Al only cares about Al.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Starts at about the 4 minute mark

http://www.wday.com/radio/4255799-97...m-anderson-rep

ND voters, do something about this shit.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.