Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Amazing how the news stations have no interest in exposing dirty Al for what he is, apparently he isn't the only one with hands in other peoples pockets.....
    If the Mcf , did not have such a hard on for Crooked al, the foolem would not cover it either.

You could tell that the foolum is holding Mcf back. So much more could be said about this so many more dots could be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Its amazing that we were producing 3% of world oil supply for half a decade and have effectively nothing to show for it. We owe these companies nothing. Expropriate their assets in North Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    That was Al Carlson. He said it on Gap Tooth Boy's show, but here is McFeely's analysis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_LJgyoXQmg
    Thanks..........

I thought that that was who it was but didn't want to type it without knowing for sure.

How in the eff does that scream anything other than kickbacks from big oil? In my opinion, there could no other motivation for a proposal that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    That was Al Carlson. He said it on Gap Tooth Boy's show, but here is McFeely's analysis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_LJgyoXQmg
    Well, Heitkamp would've taken all the cut to the oil extraction tax and put it into starting a state-run oil refinery... so the state finances have been even worse off under that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Nothing to show for it? You should see the bank accounts of some of my relatives!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    that'll balance the state books
    Will be interesting because there are a lot of people in the 40-80 year old range out there that came out of the baby boomers children of the dirty 30s/WWII marriages, and many of those "farmers" had to go through the rough years of the 80s in the ag climate that killed off a lot of family farms, that don't spend extravagantly. Now whether those decedents get a bit more loosey goosey with their money remains to be seen. But no doubt some of the royalty money is staying in the area, seems like every day see someone buying what used to be a local bank out that direction... probably a reason for that.

That said money there alone isn't going to balance the state books, but it definitely helps on income taxes and sales taxes, considering some of that money is actually staying in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well... we greatly expanded small towns that are now ghost towns and still have to maintain the roads. We got a huge population boost of many losers who commit crimes. We got a state budget that is way bigger than it was before. We got funding cut from universities because of over spending in other areas. We got got mega pollution.

Of course many Beverly Hillbilly millionaires were made so that's a good deal.
    Do you have any direct knowledge of the boom or is it just what your read/hear
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Do you have any direct knowledge of the boom or is it just what your read/hear
    Cmon man do you even have to ask
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, Heitkamp would've taken all the cut to the oil extraction tax and put it into starting a state-run oil refinery... so the state finances have been even worse off under that scenario.
    Don't forget about the free milk for needy school kids program.

Wasn't there talk about using the oil money for free college tuition?

If the price of crude oil goes up, fuel prices go up the same day. When crude oil goes down, it takes weeks for fuel prices to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Do you have any idea how much money has been lost by oil companies in the last two years?

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If the price of crude oil goes up, fuel prices go up the same day. When crude oil goes down, it takes weeks for fuel prices to go down.
    Isn't that the truth, The spot price on gas has dropped $.20 in the last 2 weeks but when I filled up yesterday it was about the same price at the pump. It will usually run about .40 sometimes up to .60 over the spot, we are at closer to .65. It should be flirting with sub $2.00 at pump soon if it stays low and supplies work back through system. It will just take one station to drop it and the rest will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It's a conspiracy! Why isn't there a blue ribbon panel of senior us senators investigating?

Did you ever notice that when wheat prices fluctuate bread prices don't? How about milk? Dairy farmers are getting screwed by real low prices but I haven't seen milk, cheese or yogurt prices drop?