Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Did they even vote on it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I think you are correct.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

the ND legislators are ruining NDSU

why are they bailing out dickinson State??

I talked to 1 higher up at ndsu.. he let go of 4 professors in his dept. says its ugly and that if the alumni/fanbase doesnt stop the ND LEG...NDSU will never recover
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Didnt they vote it down saying they didnt need one?
    Every session for the last 6 years, at least. I'm not sure it even gets out of committee, but the bill gets filed, its news for one cycle, maybe two, and they kill it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    You missed the point. Higher taxes make it more difficult to do business in our state which has more challenges in this play than say West Texas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Lol....it's oil, they were not leaving no matter what the TAX was
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Amazing how the news stations have no interest in exposing dirty Al for what he is, apparently he isn't the only one with hands in other peoples pockets.....

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Every session for the last 6 years, at least. I'm not sure it even gets out of committee, but the bill gets filed, its news for one cycle, maybe two, and they kill it.
    IN ND all bills have to come out of committee and go to the chamber floor and voted on unless they are withdrawn by the sponsor. The committee can give it a "Do not pass", recommendation, but it still goes to the floor for a final vote. No pigeon holing bills in ND like they can do in Washington.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    IN ND all bills have to come out of committee and go to the chamber floor and voted on unless they are withdrawn by the sponsor. The committee can give it a "Do not pass", recommendation, but it still goes to the floor for a final vote. No pigeon holing bills in ND like they can do in Washington.
    That's great news. Everyone opposed is on the record that way.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Yes we really needed to lower the tax rate 13% (from 11.5% to 10%) for poor Continental. Harold Hamm the president is only worth 11Billion and but the poor guy had to give his ex wife 995 million because he couldn't keep his pants on. He also bought the fancy bus that Gov. Schafer drove around in wanting to lower the tax rate. Sorry for all you that can't figure it out, its the price of oil. The share price of these companies was down because oil was $20 a barrel. Now its close to $50. Who do you think they donate to?

End result Al gave out a big oil tax give away. As a leader he refused to use even a very small percentage of the Legacy fund (what is it for after all?). Just using those two would have made a budget disaster much more manageable. Then he tries to totally screw over NDSU. My heavens, I thought legislators were supposed to be working for us. Guess I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    You missed the point. Higher taxes make it more difficult to do business in our state which has more challenges in this play than say West Texas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    East Texas gonna be all "cash me ousside..."
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Its amazing that we were producing 3% of world oil supply for half a decade and have effectively nothing to show for it. We owe these companies nothing. Expropriate their assets in North Dakota