Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Default Re: More legislative shenanigans by Al Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    It is far from insignificant.

It dropped the tax 1.5%.

A million barrels a day at $40 is $220 million per year in tax revenue lost.
    The tax that got changed also previously allowed the oil companies to not pay ANY taxes if the price of oil dipped below $50 or whatever it was. So if that had hit we'd been with no taxes the last 2 years... can't forget about that nugget. We'd be in a lot worse shape right now. Obviously that came as a sacrifice to time period of whenever it gets back above $90-100/barrel again. Or I guess even now $65-75 that makes it very profitable for them again.

I'm like fanatic I didn't like that it had to go down or how it was implemented but oil companies weren't going to give that no taxes trigger up unless they got something in return unfortunately imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    The tax that got changed also previously allowed the oil companies to not pay ANY taxes if the price of oil dipped below $50 or whatever it was. So if that had hit we'd been with no taxes the last 2 years... can't forget about that nugget. We'd be in a lot worse shape right now. Obviously that came as a sacrifice to time period of whenever it gets back above $90-100/barrel again. Or I guess even now $65-75 that makes it very profitable for them again.
    Yeah, because taxes can only go down. All they had to do was remove the trigger which the legislature themselves created biennia earlier, a policy which makes next to ZERO sense economically.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Yeah, because taxes can only go down. All they had to do was remove the trigger which the legislature themselves created biennia earlier, a policy which makes next to ZERO sense economically.
    Less than zero economic sense.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

I'm like fanatic I didn't like that it had to go down or how it was implemented but oil companies weren't going to give that no taxes trigger up unless they got something in return unfortunately imo.
    "The oil companies weren't going to give up the no tax trigger"?!? What the fuck does that even mean? They don't get to order off the fucking menu. They don't have a vote. Weren't going to give up the trigger.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Al trying to paint Bresciani as the bad guy...typical Al BS. Port will have a blog post soon doing the same thing.

For the love of God, if you live in Al's district, vote for someone else.
    I approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    McFeely article about crooked Al's land swap deal....

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/colum...-and-developer
    Wow...Carlson seems pretty bitter about getting called out. I guarantee you if NDSU had agreed, and open records request would be out in the public for all to see. Pretty easy to see which side is lying. BMG!!!!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Wow...Carlson seems pretty bitter about getting called out. I guarantee you if NDSU had agreed, and open records request would be out in the public for all to see. Pretty easy to see which side is lying. BMG!!!!
    That quote of "that's how they operate" is all you have to know to realize Big Al is a tool. Big Al, you are on the same team as NDSU, not the developer.

The amount of open record requests that Rob Port is doing only on NDSU is absolutely UNREAL. WHat if NDSU had cut programs, pass the buck to other students, made student athletes beg for their sport, etc. COuld you imagine what would have been done. But since it was UND...it cool. Just a disaster, and Al Carlson is a damn nightmare. Guy is a power hungry disaster for our state.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The amount of open record requests that Rob Port is doing only on NDSU is absolutely UNREAL. WHat if NDSU had cut programs, pass the buck to other students, made student athletes beg for their sport, etc. COuld you imagine what would have been done. But since it was UND...it cool. Just a disaster, and Al Carlson is a damn nightmare. Guy is a power hungry disaster for our state.
    Could an open request record be conducted on Rob and his puppet master(s) if he is being paid by government officials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Could an open request record be conducted on Rob and his puppet master(s) if he is being paid by government officials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legislators aren't subject to open records requests and they can do whatever they please with campaign contributions. I don't know who's paying Port now but before The Forum it used to be the Kochs.