Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Khy Kabellis transferring

Default Re: Khy Kabellis transferring

Wow this is surprising. Agree with pretty much everything that's been said, especially the concern over a guy that has played consistent minutes since stepping onto campus. Can he be replaced with a better player, sure, but concerning nonetheless. Are we seeing some parallels to the mass exodus occurring in Lincoln right now under Miles? It sure doesn't feel like things are trending upward...

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Are we seeing some parallels to the mass exodus occurring in Lincoln right now under Miles? It sure doesn't feel like things are trending upward...
    While this news is obviously not exciting, I don't think this is anything to panic about. Off the top of my head, this is the first non-sensical, unexpected transfer since the Bison made the move to DI...which in today's basketball culture is actually amazing. So at this point, it appears to be nothing more than an outlier and nothing to read into too much.

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    While this news is obviously not exciting, I don't think this is anything to panic about. Off the top of my head, this is the first non-sensical, unexpected transfer since the Bison made the move to DI...which in today's basketball culture is actually amazing. So at this point, it appears to be nothing more than an outlier and nothing to read into too much.
    yep, hes from Cali guessing he wants to get closer to home, things change
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Maybe time to start looking past next year and more down the road in terms of when NDSU will compete for conference best again. To me, next year iffy just hot a whole lot iffier.

So no rumours out on why he's tranfering? Wants to be closer to home? Doesn't particularly like the system?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Maybe time to start looking past next year and more down the road in terms of when NDSU will compete for conference best again. To me, next year iffy just hot a whole lot iffier.

So no rumours out on why he's tranfering? Wants to be closer to home? Doesn't particularly like the system?
    He wants to transfer to someplace that fits his skillset better. Aka, bye bye dribble-weave. That is not speculation:

http://www.wday.com/sports/basketbal...-transfer-ndsu

Bison head coach Dave Richman tells Dom Izzo that he's "surprised and disappointed by the decision." Richman says Kabellis is looking for a better fit for himself as a player.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    He wants to transfer to someplace that fits his skillset better. Aka, bye bye dribble-weave.

http://www.wday.com/sports/basketbal...-transfer-ndsu
    Khy is a solid player, but to me he appears to be someone that is successful due to intagibles such as basketball IQ and hard work. He is an average athlete at best for the DI level and is not a great shooter. So not certain what system at the DI level fits his "skillset."

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    Khy is a solid player, but to me he appears to be someone that is successful due to intagibles such as basketball IQ and hard work. He is an average athlete at best for the DI level and is not a great shooter. So not certain what system at the DI level fits his "skillset."
    He's also a 6-5 point guard which is rare for a mid major. Is he replaceable? Absolutely. Will it be easy to replace him next year? Time will tell.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Also a hit that it's this late into the recruiting game and came as a total surprise to the staff.

Best of luck to Khy though, hopefully it works out for both parties. Good kid and player who represented the university very well.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yep, hes from Cali guessing he wants to get closer to home, things change
    He is going to look at schools closer to home but heard today it's not a requirement. Proximity didn't play a part in leaving. Style of play and team cohesiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

Told Brian Shaw: "I'm looking for a better fit and higher level.”

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2017/04...summit-league/

Made some good references to the Thurman situation at Omaha and the Dickerson move at USD. Disturbing trend.
    Last edited by BisonJD; 04-21-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: added a sentence