Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Khy Kabellis transferring

Default Re: Khy Kabellis transferring

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    ok...i maybe misunderstod
    Me too. I could be wrong too...But that's the way I took it.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Me too. I could be wrong too...But that's the way I took it.
    I didn't take it as specific to NDSU but more as a general comment about the state of college basketball and attitudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Hey I think Khy is replaceable but I will call it as I see it. This is totally different than someone leaving because they were passed on the depth chart. It is a major character flaw, it is flat out selfish, selfcentered, childish move. Good luck going through life with that kind of attitude, I do not wish him the best of luck as he leaves because he quite on his teammates and on the Bison.
    You have to wonder WHY we are seeing starters leave. This is the 2nd starter in 2 years that left after a considerable amount of time invested in the program. Backups I get because they want to play but I think that is a disturbing trend when there is no emotional attachment to the program after 2 or 3 years. Could it be the players are selfish or something deeper like no team chemistry. We will never know but this is eye opening. Heck could you imagine if Brock Jensen or Carson Wentz would have just decided to transfer after starting? We need to either find players who care or create a family atmosphere that makes them care.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You have to wonder WHY we are seeing starters leave. This is the 2nd starter in 2 years that left after a considerable amount of time invested in the program. Backups I get because they want to play but I think that is a disturbing trend when there is no emotional attachment to the program after 2 or 3 years. Could it be the players are selfish or something deeper like no team chemistry. We will never know but this is eye opening. Heck could you imagine if Brock Jensen or Carson Wentz would have just decided to transfer after starting? We need to either find players who care or create a family atmosphere that makes them care.
    Who ami forgetting about as this is the only player that I can think of
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Who ami forgetting about as this is the only player that I can think of
    Carlin Dupree. Yeah he came back but reality is he left

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Very disappointing decision by Khy. Is what it is and if he doesn't want to be here it's probably best he leaves now. Time to move on, next man up.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Carlin Dupree. Yeah he came back but reality is he left
    Carlin had a bunch of stuff going on personally. Baby at his age, football and family that is tough. I had a kid when I was young and did. It have basketball to worry about. It was tough.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Outside of Khy there hasn't really been any strange transfers, Carlin was a special circumstance. I don't this can be made into a trend, other players did transfer but that was more about not being good enough to play at this level.

I get that a lot of programs run the weave, my issue isn't so much as the weave as it is more about how the offense seems dysfunctional and not that greatest fit for the talent we had. The weave with LA was great, slow the game down and give that guy the ball with five seconds on the shot clock and he will make something good happen. I do think Dave is a good coach, he was great in his first year and got everything he could out of that team but last year that team was better then how they finished. That loss to IUPUI in my opinion was the most disappointing loss in the entire DI era.

I hope Dave is the coach here for a long time but I do want to see him grow more as a coach.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Elaborate if you can.
    Just a general comment about climbing the ladder in D1. NDSU is going to get kids that are good ballplayers that will have people in their ear telling them they can do better. Most will stay, but we will see this again like every other college around our level. Hell you saw it at Nebraska last year. Happens every year all across the landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Just a general comment about climbing the ladder in D1. NDSU is going to get kids that are good ballplayers that will have people in their ear telling them they can do better. Most will stay, but we will see this again like every other college around our level. Hell you saw it at Nebraska last year. Happens every year all across the landscape.
    Not to go all "Well in D2..." on you guys (except kind of since that's exactly what I'm about to do), but this is becoming a bigger issue at the D2 level as well. In the last few years in the NSIC, we had a kid transfer from St. Cloud State to something called Utah Valley University because people were in his ear telling him he was a "D1 player." He was averaging 20+ ppg at St. Cloud, transferred to Utah Valley and sat a year, then played this past year and averaged 11 a game. He's from Wisconsin, so basically moved out to Utah by himself for two years just to play one season at the next level. To each his own.

Similarly, Nuni Omot was a 6'9" freakishly athletic wing/forward who redshirted and played one year at Concordia-St. Paul. From what I understand, he also had people in his ear telling him he was bigger than D2, so he transferred to Indian Hills Community College and before the season even started there, had been offered by Baylor, where he spent this past season (averaged 4 points and 2 rebounds in 11 minutes per game) and will play next season to finish out his career.

So it's not just mid-major D1s that are suffering from it. So far Augie has managed to keep all of our "could possibly be playing at the next level" types of kids, but I won't be shocked if Coach Billeter brings in a kid or two in the future who is told by friends and family he should be playing at a level higher and tries to make the jump.

What's fascinating to me about this Kabellis situation is the fact that, whenever I watched you guys (probably 5-6 times this year, usually if you were on Midco), I never once thought to myself, Goodness, that's a kid who should be playing at the next level. Not a knock on him at all, as he always seemed very capable and competent, but, to me, if you're capable and competent on a team and you're playing as many minutes as anyone else on the team, you'd think that would be a comfortable place to be. I just can't see him transferring to a higher-major D1 and blowing away coaches and suddenly finding himself as the starting PG for a high-major team. But maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Just some random thoughts from a somewhat impartial observer. Our D2 message board typically dies over the summer. Thanks for letting me jump in here.