Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Khy Kabellis transferring

Default Re: Khy Kabellis transferring

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I am starting to have concerns about our offense and the direction of our program.

Saul ball was slower tempo stuff but it was an offense that was built around efficiency. The year we went to the dance we scored so efficiently and didn't really need to rely on threes. Plus even when that team struggled when they were younger you could feel like they were building and growing. Now our offense has zero identity at all and for significant stretches in games it usually goes completely off the rails, we shoot way too many threes and the team is average at best at shooting them. It is a mess and the team doesn't seem to be getting better.

Dave needs to make some real changes in my opinion.
    Apparently we don't do mid range shots anymore

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Apparently we don't do mid range shots anymore
    I would be curious to know what % of our 3 point shots are attempted at the very end of the shotclock. As if the 3% shot isn't low percentage enough, the Bison are forcing a chunk of their attempts at an even lower % because they aren't really running a specific offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I am starting to have concerns about our offense and the direction of our program.

Saul ball was slower tempo stuff but it was an offense that was built around efficiency. The year we went to the dance we scored so efficiently and didn't really need to rely on threes. Plus even when that team struggled when they were younger you could feel like they were building and growing. Now our offense has zero identity at all and for significant stretches in games it usually goes completely off the rails, we shoot way too many threes and the team is average at best at shooting them. It is a mess and the team doesn't seem to be getting better.

Dave needs to make some real changes in my opinion.
    You also need the players to play Saul ball. For as good as Braun, LA, and Wright were that 2013-14 team made its offensive bacon off of feeding Bjorklund in the post. The 2008-09 team had the top 2 scorers in program history and those guys could manufacture offense at will. Even the 2014-15 survived almost solely off of a career year from an incredibly clutch player in LA.

I think Richman has struggled to bring in (and develop) those difference makers to this point. I think he's a better Xs and Os coach than Saul ever was but I'm starting to wonder if he has the CEO touch that Saul did to not only recruit difference makers but to develop players into difference makers.

the game has truly changed. Players get recruited through "handlers" that want to pump up their AAU program, the coaches, parents, uncles, it is a disaster. This kid was given a chance, he wasn't highly recruited. He worked hard. He grew, he added weight and he played damn near every minute he was here. Will be interesting. I hope for him the grass is greener. I cannot see a situation where he plays 30 plus minutes at a high major and has success. People overreact to the weave. Everyone runs a week. THis kid has the ball in his hands non stop and a green light. If he wants out, and is willing to leave his teammates, see ya. Kids that quit on their team are a disaster to me. Did Carson leave? No. that kid stayed and sat until it was his turn. Big Sky QB's leave all the time and then vanish. Grass isn't always greener. Absolutely shocking from a really good kid.

I had been hearing great things about Cam, especially in the weight room. His Dad is the all time assist leader at Kansas and he has some explosive athleticism. There are some crazy pics of him dunking. He redshirted so he knows what the hard work will be. This kid just got the chance of a lifetime and I hope he is ready as this wasn't in the plans to lose an all conference type of point guard with 2 years left. I am maybe always positive compared to almost all of BV, but last year we were pretty average and lead the league almost the entire season. We have some nice pieces coming in and other teams lost or graduated some kids. Not life or death and if a kid wants to leave, I guess it is best to just leave. HOpe he finds success and the "advice" he is getting from those handlers is sound. The sun comes up tomorrow and NDSU will be just fine.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    the game has truly changed. Players get recruited through "handlers" that want to pump up their AAU program, the coaches, parents, uncles, it is a disaster. This kid was given a chance, he wasn't highly recruited. He worked hard. He grew, he added weight and he played damn near every minute he was here. Will be interesting. I hope for him the grass is greener. I cannot see a situation where he plays 30 plus minutes at a high major and has success. People overreact to the weave. Everyone runs a week. THis kid has the ball in his hands non stop and a green light. If he wants out, and is willing to leave his teammates, see ya. Kids that quit on their team are a disaster to me. Did Carson leave? No. that kid stayed and sat until it was his turn. Big Sky QB's leave all the time and then vanish. Grass isn't always greener. Absolutely shocking from a really good kid.

I had been hearing great things about Cam, especially in the weight room. His Dad is the all time assist leader at Kansas and he has some explosive athleticism. There are some crazy pics of him dunking. He redshirted so he knows what the hard work will be. This kid just got the chance of a lifetime and I hope he is ready as this wasn't in the plans to lose an all conference type of point guard with 2 years left. I am maybe always positive compared to almost all of BV, but last year we were pretty average and lead the league almost the entire season. We have some nice pieces coming in and other teams lost or graduated some kids. Not life or death and if a kid wants to leave, I guess it is best to just leave. HOpe he finds success and the "advice" he is getting from those handlers is sound. The sun comes up tomorrow and NDSU will be just fine.
    Thank you , I will step back from the ledge and breathe again. Good insight.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I had this thought earlier. We need some personality on the team, some swag or something. I feel like Dex was probably a lot of the glue of this team...
    jJI agree but I think those type of players don't fit into this "culture" that Richman alluded to on the radio the Thursday after the UND loss. I wouldn't mind seeing some attitude on the court but not off the court.

Was this NDSCS player on our radar before and if not why? IMO, I think Richman is missing out on a lot of good talent if he worries TOO much about the "culture"...

With that said, let's go out and get a PG and an athletic big with the schollies they have left.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My memory usually sucks, but wasn't one of the (NCAA) tournament teams top 5 in FG%? Obviously that isn't an every year kind of stat, but we haven't even been close to that lately.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    My memory usually sucks, but wasn't one of the (NCAA) tournament teams top 5 in FG%? Obviously that isn't an every year kind of stat, but we haven't even been close to that lately.

Probably the year Marsh set the NCAA record for consecutive field goals

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Probably the year Marsh set the NCAA record for consecutive field goals
    Sounds about right. Was that oklahoma year?

This is a fantastic discussion. Nice to see a great bisonville discussion. Keep it rolling. I am learning a lot.