Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Khy Kabellis transferring

Default Re: Khy Kabellis transferring

"A better fit" says he wasn't very happy with the direction of the offense, and that coupled in with a good amount of fans that are unhappy with what they see offensively makes me a little concerned moving forward. "A higher level" should tell the fans that think the Summit is a the place to be for mid-majors, shows that it's not apparently.

What's the Dickerson situation at USD? I thought he transferred in from Iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Told Brian Shaw: "I'm looking for a better fit and higher level.”

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2017/04...summit-league/

Made some good references to the Thurman situation at Omaha and the Dickerson move at USD. Disturbing trend.
    Better fit I get but judging by stats but given he didn't dominate this level, not sure if he is a good fit for a higher level. Unless he thinks the fit will lead to a higher level and that would be fair.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I can believe what Khy has said are his reasons for leaving. But you are leaving without that "higher" level teams wanting you already. I am not going to quit my job without having the new one lined up already. That is the part that seems strange. Direction of the offense. Fully understand this one. Not a fan of the weave.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Now, I don't know about the weave, but it makes me wonder how much Khy enjoyed playing with the current team leaders. Personality wise, would I enjoy playing with 2 & 21? Would I enjoy the coaching style? Let's face it, it's a pretty uptight group. Woody Winks Miles, or Braun Marshall Saul . . . Either would be a breath of fresh air by comparison. Hell, I'd room with LA in a minute, not sure about the guys on this team. Just my observations, maybe I'm wrong. Time for HC to make basketball fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    He wants to transfer to someplace that fits his skillset better. Aka, bye bye dribble-weave. That is not speculation:

http://www.wday.com/sports/basketbal...-transfer-ndsu
    By no means am I a basketball expert, but every time I see NDSU do that weave-thing, only one thing comes to mind for me:

Hail the BISON!!!

WHat are your guys thoughts on "higher level" also meaning NDSU and he is speaking in unconscious thoughts of the program? If NDSU was a top of the Summit and getting a berth every other year would he still be searching for higher level? Do guys leave places like Gonzaga, or Winthrop, or WSU looking for a higher level? Does SDSU have players leaving for a higher level of play, even though they have either been to the tournament or won the conference 5 of the last 6 years? Possibly they do, and he's 1 player so it is likely an exception to that rule at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Now, I don't know about the weave, but it makes me wonder how much Khy enjoyed playing with the current team leaders. Personality wise, would I enjoy playing with 2 & 21? Would I enjoy the coaching style? Let's face it, it's a pretty uptight group. Woody Winks Miles, or Braun Marshall Saul . . . Either would be a breath of fresh air by comparison. Hell, I'd room with LA in a minute, not sure about the guys on this team. Just my observations, maybe I'm wrong. Time for HC to make basketball fun again.
    I think it's a fair observation. With the current group of players, nobody can say anything bad about Paul Miller, and Tyson Ward was exceptional as a freshman last year. That's it. Everyone else has question marks surrounding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I can believe what Khy has said are his reasons for leaving. But you are leaving without that "higher" level teams wanting you already. I am not going to quit my job without having the new one lined up already. That is the part that seems strange. Direction of the offense. Fully understand this one. Not a fan of the weave.
    Someone will take him

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Someone will take him
    I am sure someone will, but you leave without that being done already???? Maybe a guy should breakup with the average looking girl he is dating, with the expectation the hottest girl in school will call him for a date some day.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.