Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    A negative would be if they eliminated the rugby field circle of wagons which lead to free Friday tailgating. The GA crews have it right.
    This has been one of the biggest positive changes to GA tailgating since the lines started. I almost think they should just let us park in there overnight, don't crowd the streets. Or - make that the new GA spot. I am more than OK parking over there - it'll be a little slow at first as most of the action is in the other lots, but as things grow, it'll pick up - just as it did in the 2nd west lot.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    This has been one of the biggest positive changes to GA tailgating since the lines started. I almost think they should just let us park in there overnight, don't crowd the streets. Or - make that the new GA spot. I am more than OK parking over there - it'll be a little slow at first as most of the action is in the other lots, but as things grow, it'll pick up - just as it did in the 2nd west lot.
    I have wondered why some of the reserved crews don't hit the GA line on Friday and then slip out the next morning into their lineup. Lots of cool mingling on Friday. Can also park the rig just before noon and then walk over to the Team Makers event at the dome at noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I have wondered why some of the reserved crews don't hit the GA line on Friday and then slip out the next morning into their lineup. Lots of cool mingling on Friday. Can also park the rig just before noon and then walk over to the Team Makers event at the dome at noon.
    Because we are too busy playing polo and berating our servants.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

Got this great pic of you last year...

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Just look at our contemporaries at the FCS level. I'd say Montana and JMU are the two most similar FCS fan bases right now in terms of passion and following.

Here's JMU's tailgate map:

And here's Montana's tailgate map:

At both places there are many different lots that are designated for tailgating. It's obviously not rocket science at this level. Maybe Simmers needs to reach out to his colleagues at those institutions to see how they handle tailgating administration/expansion....

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Just look at our contemporaries at the FCS level. I'd say Montana and JMU are the two most similar FCS fan bases right now in terms of passion and following.

Here's JMU's tailgate map:

And here's Montana's tailgate map:

At both places there are many different lots that are designated for tailgating. It's obviously not rocket science at this level. Maybe Simmers needs to reach out to his colleagues at those institutions to see how they handle tailgating administration/expansion....
    I love the note at the bottom of JMU's tailgating map, I've always question why they don't do this after Fargodome events.

Missoula knows how to tailgate. After the game we were just about the last ones in the lots and ran out of beer and thought the party was over. Then some college kids working at the stadium brought some more. Then a security truck drove up and we thought the party was over, but he just thanked us for being the best fanbase he said he'd ever seen visit Wa Griz. Said for all the people he didn't have a single incident the entire day. Then he told us to have a good time and just drove off.

10/10 would tailgate again.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 05-08-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Sad thing is, it doesn't take much to handle it based on what I've seen anywhere else that I've tailgated. People for the most part are capable of taking care of themselves. None of those campuses burned down despite having a fraction of the security as at the dome.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

sdsu we tailgate in the god dam chemistry parking lot.
    every other place we tailgate at gives zero craps about how loud or how hard you party or how long you stay

pathetic what ndsu does to thier fan base embarassing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?