Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I meant as a public service to GA TGs, not as a bitch session. You need to look at things from a perspective other than your agenda. Good God!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some just cant live without bitching, nothing NDSU or anyone does will EVER be good enough
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Is it possible this may get the most people into the GA lot so people get the spaces together they paid for? Maybe? I'm sure it will be a learning experience...but could it actually go pretty smoothly once a system is in place? How people will get into line together is a tough one.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Is it possible this may get the most people into the GA lot so people get the spaces together they paid for? Maybe? I'm sure it will be a learning experience...but could it actually go pretty smoothly once a system is in place? How people will get into line together is a tough one.
    I can certainly see this from NDSU's side and it's easier to stomach than 1/2 GA, it just seems like a bad time to implement it. It will maximize parking, but I guess Who wasn't already trying to do that now? We never left empty spaces, other than where we had tents, etc. We did see it once in awhile where there would be one spot open somewhere and we'd wonder how that happened.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I can certainly see this from NDSU's side and it's easier to stomach than 1/2 GA, it just seems like a bad time to implement it. It will maximize parking, but I guess Who wasn't already trying to do that now? We never left empty spaces, other than where we had tents, etc. We did see it once in awhile where there would be one spot open somewhere and we'd wonder how that happened.
    Oh, I'm thinking the first time the line is going to move slow as each person/group is going to have to let the person/people directing traffic know how many spaces needed. Hopefully they are directing to more than one location so each group can alternate and get things moving.

Then again, maybe they are trying to make it so hard that it creates a bigger cluster and then they have ammo to get more tailgating lot(s). Okay...maybe I should slow down on the coffee this morning...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Oh, I'm thinking the first time the line is going to move slow as each person/group is going to have to let the person/people directing traffic know how many spaces needed. Hopefully they are directing to more than one location so each group can alternate and get things moving.

Then again, maybe they are trying to make it so hard that it creates a bigger cluster and then they have ammo to get more tailgating lot(s). Okay...maybe I should slow down on the coffee this morning...
    Just a guess here, but they might still be having some issues with spot savers?

I know there is, technically, supposed to be no "saving" out there now, but people tend to ignore that all the time, in all kinds of places and events. How many times do we go to a school concert or sports event or ANYTHING that has high demand and a general admission component to it, and people are saving seats? Even though the venues SAY there is no saving of seats, people invariably do.

Reserved seating in anything is so much nicer in this respect. With reserved, if you want to sit together, you buy tickets together, plain and simple. Less hassles for the patron, and certainly less hassles for the venue. So by extension, it's only common sense that if you want to tailgate together in a GA lot, you get in line together. Right? Or am I being too polly-annish?

I'm shocked to hear that isn't the way they've been doing things in the GA lot this whole time. Running it like an Oklahoma land rush seems like a lot bigger cluster than in an orderly fashion. Jeebus, no wonder I never go beyond the trees...it's like a damn 3rd world country over there.

NOW....when can we start working on the alcohol policy? Let's just change it to "no glass" and that's it. I'm sick of this BS with the cups and I'd much rather bring in a small keg when I want something different for beer than 20 glass growlers that I have to worry about breaking.

its 2017

WE DONT NEED A CUP

WE SHOULD OPEN ALL LOTS TO ALCOHOL

Embarassing.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Just a guess here, but they might still be having some issues with spot savers?

I know there is, technically, supposed to be no "saving" out there now, but people tend to ignore that all the time, in all kinds of places and events. How many times do we go to a school concert or sports event or ANYTHING that has high demand and a general admission component to it, and people are saving seats? Even though the venues SAY there is no saving of seats, people invariably do.

Reserved seating in anything is so much nicer in this respect. With reserved, if you want to sit together, you buy tickets together, plain and simple. Less hassles for the patron, and certainly less hassles for the venue. So by extension, it's only common sense that if you want to tailgate together in a GA lot, you get in line together. Right? Or am I being too polly-annish?
    lots of people park in the air museum and walk across early and stand, ive noticed that before, this should stop that IMO
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

TAB, I don't think that is nuts. The only possible logic I've seen in this is NDSU wants to make it such a cluster folks unload on the City or illegally tailgate in such numbers, the city balks at doing anything to them helping force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    I'm shocked to hear that isn't the way they've been doing things in the GA lot this whole time. Running it like an Oklahoma land rush seems like a lot bigger cluster than in an orderly fashion. Jeebus, no wonder I never go beyond the trees...it's like a damn 3rd world country over there.

NOW....when can we start working on the alcohol policy? Let's just change it to "no glass" and that's it. I'm sick of this BS with the cups and I'd much rather bring in a small keg when I want something different for beer than 20 glass growlers that I have to worry about breaking.
    Just don't be a moron about your drink and you can probably get away with not using a cup/mug. Can koozies go a long way in covering up what you are drinking. Glass is a no brainer on the concrete, but just do what you do and keep a low profile and it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    lots of people park in the air museum and walk across early and stand, ive noticed that before, this should stop that IMO
    In the reserved lots? I guess I haven't seen much of this anymore. We had it happen a few times and we'd just pull right into where they were standing regardless. People would look at us like we just murdered their first born. We'd flat out tell them no saving spots, if you have a problem, I'll gladly go find security to sort it all out. We got here the day before, the hell if you are going to show up 15 mins before and steal where we are parking.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.