Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    If your neighbors suck, I wouldn't be very happy with having reserved tailgating spots. but if theyre good...then yea, nothing better.
    Fortunately I like my neighbors and they like us too. Then again I don't have a giant bus with an awesome sound system that can melt your face off either

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did they even think about how when they increased the reserved lot last time the length of the line increased? I didn't think so. This sucks, I don't get into town till about 10:00 PM Friday night before games
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I'm sick of it. "Behind the scenes, behind the scenes!" is such a bullshit excuse. You don't know what that would look like? Are we looking to the past or are we trying to ACTUALLY look forward. You are going to dump half of the GA spots for reserved spots...but yet there are a LOT of new season ticket holders in the tailgate lots.

Seriously, figure it the hell out. Why even say anything if the only response is "I don't know what that would look like". Christ. How about the rest of the damn dome lots? Hell, I'd GLADLY tailgate in the grass lot where we line up - that would be absolutely perfect and I would have ZERO problem walking.
    It took Pat Simmers over 3 years to come up with: "Where and what that looks like? I don't know." You got to be kidding me. Some of the dead wood needs to leave teammakers real soon. No expanded seating in the dome for the next 50 years........since they don't have anything to worry about there let's just sit on our hands regarding tailgating overflow for the first 3 games. How brilliant, expand reserve tailgating, and shrink GA to close to nothing. Why don't they really make something better and increase revenues at the same time? So simple to just raise fees and pat themselves on the back. Bison football Nation at zero growth. Home crowd 18,500 fans and stagnated. Season tickets 12,800 seats and stagnated, Tailgate 1500 spots and stagnated. Hope NDSU's president, AD and head of teammakers is proud of that. Apparently they are not familiar with the word growth. I suppose all the FBS, both P5 and some G5 schools, once had the same football capacities as NDSU (40, 70 or 100 years ago). Obviously their vision wasn't to stay the same size for dozens and dozens of years. I have heard of backward thinking, and forward thinking, but I think the status here can best be summarized as no thinking. Congrats on essentially doing nothing and riding the coat tails of success enjoyed by several Bison football teams.

ONLY D2 thing left at NDSU is Teammakers President and Teammakers idea's.

last 5 years they have left MILLIONS on the table, as has this university.

Open up more lots, don't make more lots reserved, how about open up the east side for tailgating too, seriously, its 2017, who cares.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    It took Pat Simmers over 3 years to come up with: "Where and what that looks like? I don't know." You got to be kidding me. Some of the dead wood needs to leave teammakers real soon. No expanded seating in the dome for the next 50 years........since they don't have anything to worry about there let's just sit on our hands regarding tailgating overflow for the first 3 games. How brilliant, expand reserve tailgating, and shrink GA to close to nothing. Why don't they really make something better and increase revenues at the same time? So simple to just raise fees and pat themselves on the back. Bison football Nation at zero growth. Home crowd 18,500 fans and stagnated. Season tickets 12,800 seats and stagnated, Tailgate 1500 spots and stagnated. Hope NDSU's president, AD and head of teammakers is proud of that. Apparently they are not familiar with the word growth. I suppose all the FBS, both P5 and some G5 schools, once had the same football capacities as NDSU (40, 70 or 100 years ago). Obviously their vision wasn't to stay the same size for dozens and dozens of years. I have heard of backward thinking, and forward thinking, but I think the status here can best be summarized as no thinking. Congrats on essentially doing nothing and riding the coat tails of success enjoyed by several Bison football teams.
    Out of the park....you hit it with this post

Who would have thought increasing the area where people are allowed to drink in a parking lot for a few hours 6-9 days a year would take so long and be so difficult? Who ever is making the creation of an overflow lot for tailgating such a long and difficult process seriously should find something better to do with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Great post, Dave. Yes, folks, I know SD can be negative, but this is spot on so read carefully even if painful. I am starting to wonder about crazy UN_ conspiracies being behind all this at this point, as the logic is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Great post, Dave. Yes, folks, I know SD can be negative, but this is spot on so read carefully even if painful. I am starting to wonder about crazy UN_ conspiracies being behind all this at this point, as the logic is zero.
    Except the people that seem to be catching most of the shit here don't actually control most of the stuff people are actually upset about.

If people honestly believe that if teammakers could make a unilateral decision to expand the total number of tailgating spaces they wouldn't, they can't be helped, to say nothing of the notion that they can just magic up more seats or a new stadium with the wave of a hand.

At the moment there are x number of spaces. People who want them either pay for them with their money or their time. Next year more people will be paying with money instead of time. That's going to be good for some people, neutral for others and obviously bad for some too.

Weekly passes seem like a win for everyone so that's good for sure.

If the PD doesn't see reduced GA lineups maybe that's another of the half dozen entities that need so sign off on more total spaces that get won over next off season?
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 04-18-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

"We anticipate the requests for reserved will be coming out of that line," Simmers said.
    I'll be interested to see if they design a process that supports this anticipation. My fear is that in a decision making process that begins and ends with priority points that the "expansion" of reserved tailgating will result in current reserved holders expanding their footprint. That will make an already scarce resource even more scarce.

I love bison football, but at this point the cost and the effort it takes to plan and attend games is taking much of the "fun" away. I almost prefer going to road games like Brookings because it's easier. I've been a teammaker for a decade (part of the time living out of state) that has increased my donations every year but apparently I'm . Watching opportunity shrink while giving more isn't entirely satisfying.

And don't take this as a "woe is me" statement. It is what it is and I accept that. I have to make adult decisions how I allocate my income and unfortunately as popularity has grown enjoying bison football has gotten more difficult and more expensive. I know that reducing my teammakers contribution is essentially giving up the hope for season tickets to football (I have great basketball season tickets) and that once I do that there is no coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Except the people that seem to be catching most of the shit here don't actually control most of the stuff people are actually upset about.

If people honestly believe that if teammakers makers could make a unilateral decision to expand the total number of tailgating spaces they wouldn't, they can't be helped, to say nothing of the notion that they can just magic up more seat or a new stadium with the wave of a hand.

At the moment there are x number of spaces. People who want them either pay for them with their money or their time. Next year more people will be paying with money instead of time. That's going to be good for some people, neutral for others and obviously bad for some too.

Weekly passes seem like a win for everyone so that's good for sure.

If the PD doesn't see reduced GA lineups maybe that's another of the half dozen entities that need so sign off on more total spaces that get won over next off season?
    I agree with you EZ. But clearly the presidents power has been checked which I do think is a big issue at this point.