Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    And if folks don't take the time to give or sell their spots, we will have an effing nightmare due to pulling 1/2 of GA. Everyone on here needs to encourage those with spots to make sure they are used.
    This is what I don't get. So they do one great thing in allowing people to sell their single game tailgating spots(duh, this should have been a thing a long time ago), but they basically cancel it out or more by halving the GA spots.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    This is what I don't get. So they do one great thing in allowing people to sell their single game tailgating spots(duh, this should have been a thing a long time ago), but they basically cancel it out or more by halving the GA spots.
    Pat Simmers logic.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    People being able to sell their spots on a a per game basis was the best thing they did. Now people at least have a chance of getting a frw people to pay some money and get aome spots, and the lot should always be full.

I forgot to mention that all Iowa State season parking passes are provided in strips of passes with each game marked on them, so you can give them to others or sell them.

Glad to see that your administration is moving forward on that.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Pat Simmers logic.
    Could it possibly be this is staged...just hear me out. So they halve the GA spots to create more reserved (and make some more money). The administration plays dumb and says all is good. Along comes the fall and this created problems and many are upset and they have a need for more spots...and then take this need to the "committee" and show they have to add another lot.

Or, they just simply halved the amount of GA spots, and halved the amount of people needing GA spots and it stay the same as last year.

If either of those are true, this could be a win.

If demand for GA spots does not get cut in half and there was no long run plan for another lot, this could be a fail. I have an idea which it is...but it is just a guess. I'm hoping this eventually this turns out as a win. Time will tell.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post

Or, they just simply halved the amount of GA spots, and halved the amount of people needing GA spots and it stay the same as last year.
    Didn't happen the last time they halved the GA spots. Instead the it got worse.
    Hail Hydra.

I got spots for my group the last round in the north G lot. Was basically told we didn't have enough to move to the south this time and add 2, so where did all the huge donors come from all of a sudden? Our group was 2nd to pick last time so we must have ranked fairly good, now after several years we are that far down??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Could it possibly be this is staged...just hear me out. So they halve the GA spots to create more reserved (and make some more money). The administration plays dumb and says all is good. Along comes the fall and this created problems and many are upset and they have a need for more spots...and then take this need to the "committee" and show they have to add another lot.

If either of those are true, this could be a win.

If demand for GA spots does not get cut in half and there was no long run plan for another lot, this could be a fail. I have an idea which it is...but it is just a guess. I'm hoping this eventually this turns out as a win. Time will tell.
    If this is how it plays out, I will gladly eat crow. I just don't see that happening. Tailgating isn't getting smaller.......friends I know that don't even particularly like NDSU have rigs now...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    If this is how it plays out, I will gladly eat crow. I just don't see that happening. Tailgating isn't getting smaller.......friends I know that don't even particularly like NDSU have rigs now...
    Agree with EZ on this. Shit, I'd throw a party to celebrate eating crow.

My guess: They lack the leadership/political capital to take on the people who do not want expansion. But, they want to make more money, so they decide to cater to the bigger donors since the situation is so problematic and see the coming GA fiasco as a necessary evil. Realizing this, they hope the single game pass system alleviates some of the pain and prevents an epic meltdown of the system.

One other thought. If the system melts down for early season game as I think it will, folks need to tell the stories and take pictures. We need this stuff on social media as that will help make change. We can't just say "ah, shucks, this is okay" because anyone with common sense should see the pending issues.

I'll gladly pay a beer to everyone who posts an original picture on social media of people being turned away from GA next year.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 05-05-2017 at 06:26 PM.

A negative would be if they eliminated the rugby field circle of wagons which lead to free Friday tailgating. The GA crews have it right.