Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Just finally listened to the podcast of the Insiders yesterday with Matt Larson. It was very clear NO changes are coming this year to fix the GA problems and they are not entertaining letting reserved people set up the night before.
    You mean they actually took my tweets seriously and answered them??? Holy crap, I might have to listen to that segment! With that said, way to keep it small time NDSU.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    You mean they actually took my tweets seriously and answered them??? Holy crap, I might have to listen to that segment! With that said, way to keep it small time NDSU.
    It was a phone call.

It was a phone call.
    I'm still taking credit as those were my exact talking points.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    1. Set up lottery system for GA
    2. Winners get 6 spots each (no more, no less)
    3. Every time you don't get drawn, you get an extra entry into the next lottery.

Eliminates the need for a GA line. The West lot reserved can now line up over there and everyone can get into the lot in a more timely fashion.
    People would still line up just so they could be the first in and have their pick of spots.

I've said for several years they should pre-sell GA tailgating passes/tickets online or at the ticket office (or both) on a per game basis until they've sold enough to fill the GA lot. That way if you get GA tailgate passes/tickets you know you have spots and if you don't really care where you're at you can show up closer to when the lots open instead of having to get there the night before to ensure a spot. That would also avoid them having to turn people away because if you didn't get passes/tickets beforehand you're SOL so no need to line up. Again you'd still have some people line up so they can get their choice of spots but you'd eliminate the frenzy of everyone trying to get there earlier and earlier to gaurantee a spot for themselves the same as your suggestion would.

Of course they could run into an issue where the last few groups in don't have consecutive spots but that's just like any GA section inside of a stadium/ballpark. Don't show up late or risk there not being enough spots together for your whole group.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    People would still line up just so they could be the first in and have their pick of spots.

I've said for several years they should pre-sell GA tailgating passes/tickets online or at the ticket office (or both) on a per game basis until they've sold enough to fill the GA lot. That way if you get GA tailgate passes/tickets you know you have spots and if you don't really care where you're at you can show up closer to when the lots open instead of having to get there the night before to ensure a spot. That would also avoid them having to turn people away because if you didn't get passes/tickets beforehand you're SOL so no need to line up. Again you'd still have some people line up so they can get their choice of spots but you'd eliminate the frenzy of everyone trying to get there earlier and earlier to gaurantee a spot for themselves the same as your suggestion would.

Of course they could run into an issue where the last few groups in don't have consecutive spots but that's just like any GA section inside of a stadium/ballpark. Don't show up late or risk there not being enough spots for your whole group.
    hence still creating the line up....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    hence still creating the line up....
    There will be a line up no matter what they do. The reserved tailgate lineup was ridiculous last week. But I could show up for that at 9:15 (15 minutes after the reserved lot allegedly opened) and still get my spots. I'd bet it would would be pretty similar if they pre-sold GA tailgating spots the week before each game. As it is if you're not in line for the GA lot either the night before or very very early gameday morning you're living dangerously (for early season games at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Of course they could run into an issue where the last few groups in don't have consecutive spots but that's just like any GA section inside of a stadium/ballpark. Don't show up late or risk there not being enough spots together for your whole group.
    Just sell them all as reserved spots. Now that they have an easier way to sell passes for games to others.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Simmers was on the Insiders today. He encourage GA tailgater who don't get in to use the East. Got to give him credit, very cleaver thing to do as I am sure he knew exactly how people would take it and what they will do since it happened for MVSU. Perhaps the issue finally goes away. Think I actually see a light on this issue.

Simmers was on the Insiders today. He encourage GA tailgater who don't get in to use the East. Got to give him credit, very cleaver thing to do as I am sure he knew exactly how people would take it and what they will do since it happened for MVSU. Perhaps the issue finally goes away. Think I actually see a light on this issue.
    Booze is not allow over there. Be careful.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Just sell them all as reserved spots. Now that they have an easier way to sell passes for games to others.
    Yep, another pretty simple solution. Similar to how they went to all reserved spots in the dome. Just hold ~250 tailgate spots per game for sale to the general public just like they hold the ~1500 tickets for each game and sell those to the general public. They could also avoid the cluster that the reserved lineup became last week since they could use both parking lot entrances for reserved tailgaters.