Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default 2017 Tailgating Changes

Interesting article in the Forum today about changes to tailgating coming this fall: http://www.inforum.com/sports/425218...ilgating-spots

Some very welcome changes in my opinion. In particular:
    • 250 of the approximate 500 general admission spots will now be reserved.
    • NDSU is also changing its tailgating pass system from a season pass to individual game passes. That way if somebody knows they won't be at a certain game they can give it away or sell it to somebody else through an online blog system.

It is also mentioned that expanding tailgating to another parking lot is under discussion but according to Simmers "Where and what that looks like? I don't know."

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

I welcome anyway for NDSU to make a little more money, especially at something with such high demand. However, you're pushing away people probably faster than you're bringing them in. They need to focus on the reserved tailgaters that rarely/never use their spaces. Hopefully the new per game passes help, but I don't see it happening. Expansion needs to be done and done quickly. Even if it's for the first 3 or so games that are high demand.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I'm sick of it. "Behind the scenes, behind the scenes!" is such a bullshit excuse. You don't know what that would look like? Are we looking to the past or are we trying to ACTUALLY look forward. You are going to dump half of the GA spots for reserved spots...but yet there are a LOT of new season ticket holders in the tailgate lots.

Seriously, figure it the hell out. Why even say anything if the only response is "I don't know what that would look like". Christ. How about the rest of the damn dome lots? Hell, I'd GLADLY tailgate in the grass lot where we line up - that would be absolutely perfect and I would have ZERO problem walking.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Such crap.
    We're more than comfortable that we're taking care of our blue-collar fans because that's what we've been built on. So we made a decision that will take care of all of our fans.
    What that's really saying is "we're going to remove half of the GA spots and sell them to the highest bidder as reserved without adding anything new for GA and then when the line for GA gets longer rather then shorter we'll act surprised and point to is as us doing something because screw the little guys".

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Hopefully 90% of the people who get the spots are also the people waiting in line

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

"But we get more requests about reserved than we do about general admission."

Uh no shit pat. lol. Who the hell inquires about anything general admission? whether its a concert, bison football game or ndsu tailgating, its pretty standard of what it is.

This might be the death of the GA lot now that theyre cutting it in half. itll look like the North half of the new reserved lot for playoff games in November for games vs shitty opponents. It really fizzled when it got colder and colder, and once September was done, the line in the rugby field was short. But when those new reserved tailgaters dont want to bare the elements but still take up x amount of spots, itll look bad.

Again, $5 bucks a spot is robbery and cheaper to park there than the other side of the fargodome. triple it to 15 and youll cut that line in half real quick once the free loaders go park for free/cheaper elsewhere.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My group was pushed out of tailgating a few years ago already with the majority elimination of the GA....now it is just laughable. #bringbackthegrass

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    My group was pushed out of tailgating a few years ago already with the majority elimination of the GA....now it is just laughable. #bringbackthegrass
    most of you guys from Rugby? because if you dont live in Fargo...you're pretty much boned.

I will say that I am very happy having reserved tailgating spots. Glad this doesn't concern me

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I will say that I am very happy having reserved tailgating spots. Glad this doesn't concern me
    If your neighbors suck, I wouldn't be very happy with having reserved tailgating spots. but if theyre good...then yea, nothing better.