Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

My office is right across from Kansas Speedway and a couple times a year on race weekends that lot to the left fills with enormous rigs for 4 days. Nobody does, there aren't police patrolling it. Now it's a private campground but the gathering is similar. I think about tailgating at other places and they are there the night before partying and stuff. The restrictions make no practical sense.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My group got the call today saying we have reserved spots...Very nice!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Welcome to the club. One of the best things they have done is reserved spots. Sorry to the fans that do not have them.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Hey good for you, man!

My unsolicited advice would be to enjoy not having to worry about where you are going to be each week, still come out early on Saturday mornings and line up in the south lot with the rest of the reserved group (the fellowship starts there, well before getting into the lots and the core of our group usually shows up an hour or more before the reserved lot opens), enjoy the semi-regulars that will naturally start to show up at your tailgate as they become aware that you are in the same spot every game, and make those new guests feel welcome with some good, old-fashioned Bison hospitality!!

Having run the full gamut of the ever-evolving Bison tailgate experience myself (without divulging my young age , let's just say I'm into my 3rd decade of tailgating ), it is truly amazing how things can expand in a positive way for you when your old friends, new friends and other guests actually know where you are going to be every week! We now have about 25 or so regulars in our group, and up to 50 or more semi-regulars attending our tailgate at any given time....and growing every year, it seems! It's more fun than it has ever been for me!

And further thanks to you, or whomever it was in your group, that had enough priority points (by attending games, being a TeamMaker, and donating to Bison athletics) to EARN those spots!! Go Bison!!

Welcome to the Fraternity of SSOCDB
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

TSCF is in. We got the call. And I will not forget my roots if end ends up being a GA nightmare as I expect.

Folks, sell your passes you don't use!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    TSCF is in. We got the call. And I will not forget my roots if end ends up being a GA nightmare as I expect.

You elitist 1%'er.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    You elitist 1%'er.
    It is the only way to be.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Kind of like OJ going after the true killer?

[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;1209558]TSCF is in. We got the call. And I will not forget my roots if end ends up being a GA nightmare as I expect.

Folks, sell your passes you don't use![/QUOTE]

Who didnt see that coming.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."