Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Why even bring it up then?? Just spreading FUD.
    The old grass lot was much easier on the back...

Today's breaking tailgate news...

Hi,

The FARGODOME asked me to pass on the following request regarding the reserved tailgate line-up:

Please enter FARGODOME property from University Drive rather than off of 17th Avenue. There will be parkers available to get vehicles into Lot D and when that lot is full the parkers will help get the remaining vehicles shuttled over and lined up correctly in Lot C. This will help prevent a bottleneck that can be caused in both directions on 17th Avenue when the tailgate lots open.

Also please note per Football Tailgating Policy:
     Solicitation is not allowed on the North Dakota State University campus or FARGODOME property without a permit. The sale of items by anyone other than University personnel is prohibited unless the University has granted prior approval. All FARGODOME solicitation policies apply.
     The promotion or advertising of a business, product/service of sale of items by anyone other than University personnel is prohibited unless the University has granted prior approval. Tailgaters cannot sublet or use spots for commercial activity.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Helena

Helena Johnston
    Administrative Assistant
    NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY

56, you seem to be in the loop of what process things need to go through to get approved. Which parties would actually need to be convinced to allow alcohol as part of the tailgating in the east lots? Is there any type of public record of situations that have required police intervention in the west lots (I'd like to know what the prevalence of truly unruly behavior is)?

I'd rather tailgate in lot B if I had my druthers (mostly due to access to 19th ave as a guy who goes north after the game). Unfortunately, the only thing we've seen in recent years is reduction of opportunity for the non-elite teammaker. I contribute at the bronze level and in the last 3 years it has gotten harder and harder to both get tickets and to tailgate. Frankly, I'm about to give up my TM donations because the value and opportunity of the experience has decreased as my donations have increased. Opening up the east lots to unencumbered tailgating would at least be encouraging that we are doing something to expand opportunity rather than continually reducing it.

And as a footnote, we don't "rage" when we tailgate. It is family friendly with about as many kids under the age of 12 as there are adults. A typical tailgate means 3-4 beers, lots of good food, and active games of cornhole, laddergolf, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Why even bring it up then?? Just spreading FUD.
    I would just hate to see people get cited for open container. Not trying spread any fear... just be really really discrete

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Any update on the line of hard cores who waste an entire Friday and Saturday for 4 hrs of tailgating?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Any update on the line of hard cores who waste an entire Friday and Saturday for 4 hrs of tailgating?
    There are May be 15 in line.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Looks like about 20 maybe a couple more in line. I'm sure most are aware of the crappy weather we are going to have tomorrow. Rain scares more people away than cold and snow.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would just hate to see people get cited for open container. Not trying spread any fear... just be really really discrete
    Then you have the jackass who is begging people to break the rules. Jfc
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Looks like about 20 maybe a couple more in line. I'm sure most are aware of the crappy weather we are going to have tomorrow. Rain scares more people away than cold and snow.
    You mean the GA tailgaters are not as hardcore as the reserved tailgaters. How dare they not show up when we allow them a few spots . Ban them all.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    You mean the GA tailgaters are not as hardcore as the reserved tailgaters. How dare they not show up when we allow them a few spots . Ban them all.
    I see the sarcasm and I like it but I do expect a half empty lot all around tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk