Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Well, if any groups want to volunteer to test out the East side with the FC, you can message me. I'd rather not go it alone, if I can convince my group to do it.
    Well no offense, but I'm not sure your group should be the one to try this. Just sayin.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Well no offense, but I'm not sure your group should be the one to try this. Just sayin.
    I realize the reputation we have, but it's really quite a bit different than the reality of the situation. We are a little more visible, which is why I would like my group to be the one to try it. If we can do it without issue, why can't anyone else? See also: strength in numbers.

We've always pushed the limits, what do we have to lose? We don't have a lot of us willing to commit Friday/Saturday to doing this anymore as we have families, etc.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

It seems to me he was implying to go over there and tailgate and just keep any drinking low key. Police yourselves well...All it would take is one idiot to wreck it for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I realize the reputation we have, but it's really quite a bit different than the reality of the situation. We are a little more visible, which is why I would like my group to be the one to try it. If we can do it without issue, why can't anyone else? See also: strength in numbers.

We've always pushed the limits, what do we have to lose? We don't have a lot of us willing to commit Friday/Saturday to doing this anymore as we have families, etc.
    You guys are high profile; you know that, so you will have to be super good. (Yes, I know this is unfair.) I'd suggest waiting to set up until the GA lot is basically full, as you will then hopefully have other GA denied folks come with. They will see you like a beacon of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You guys are high profile; you know that, so you will have to be super good. (Yes, I know this is unfair.) I'd suggest waiting to set up until the GA lot is basically full, as you will then hopefully have other GA denied folks come with. They will see you like a beacon of hope.
    That would be fine with me. It's also going to be a LOT quieter over there in general, so will be easier to contain whatever we have going on. The idea would be to show up as the GA lot is opening or shortly after and get in the back of the line. However, Simmers does mention if you don't like the setup on that side, try the other side. We shall see.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

That would be fine with me. It's also going to be a LOT quieter over there in general, so will be easier to contain whatever we have going on. The idea would be to show up as the GA lot is opening or shortly after and get in the back of the line. However, Simmers does mention if you don't like the setup on that side, try the other side. We shall see.
    I think you are over thinking this. GO to the east lot and set up. Simple. This isnt some kind of military maneuver.

BUT now that you are older may be you dont think you want to make a big deal about it now? Possible ramifications?

Heres a hint. If you cant act in a reasonable manner dont do it. If you can tailgate with out trying to make a big show and bring attention to your selves have at it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think you are over thinking this. GO to the east lot and set up. Simple. This isnt some kind of military maneuver.

BUT now that you are older may be you dont think you want to make a big deal about it now? Possible ramifications?

Heres a hint. If you cant act in a reasonable manner dont do it. If you can tailgate with out trying to make a big show and bring attention to your selves have at it.
    Not trying to bring attention to OURSELVES, but more or less to another option. I was essentially thinking about using our apparent visibility in a positive light to draw attention to another location. I don't want to make a big deal about it, I just want people to know so they don't get turned away. Not everyone listens to 1660, nor did they hear that interview. Not trying to pull a fast one, just want to foster some positive changes.

If we set up over there, you can believe we will self police(as we have in the past during "illegal" spring game tailgates).
    check neg rep

Not trying to bring attention to OURSELVES, but more or less to another option. I was essentially thinking about using our apparent visibility in a positive light to draw attention to another location. I don't want to make a big deal about it, I just want people to know so they don't get turned away. Not everyone listens to 1660, nor did they hear that interview. Not trying to pull a fast one, just want to foster some positive changes.

If we set up over there, you can believe we will self police(as we have in the past during "illegal" spring game tailgates).
    What's the worst that can happen, they come and tell you no booze you pack up and head home or walk to the west lot

Best case, nothing happens you have a good tailgate everyone sees hell didn't freeze over you do it again till it's cold enough the GA line drops. I say go for it as planned. I'm guessing the biggest thing will be keeping the beer and booze out of site, and in cups. This something they have really slowed the policing on in the west reserved anyway.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    What's the worst that can happen, they come and tell you no booze you pack up and head home or walk to the west lot

Best case, nothing happens you have a good tailgate everyone sees hell didn't freeze over you do it again till it's cold enough the GA line drops. I say go for it as planned. I'm guessing the biggest thing will be keeping the beer and booze out of site, and in cups. This something they have really slowed the policing on in the west reserved anyway.
    That's the benefit to the bus. It's extremely easy to keep anything inside the bus and out of plain view. And, since it's registered as an RV, it is legal to drink in the back portion of the bus as long as you are behind the drivers seat.
    check neg rep

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It seems to me he was implying to go over there and tailgate and just keep any drinking low key. Police yourselves well...All it would take is one idiot to wreck it for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    I tailgated on the east side once and cops were actually smelling people's cups. To get around it we had to be super discrete. It wasn't very enjoyable since I felt like I was always on the lookout but our behavior was impeccable

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com