Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    To be brutally honest, given the drastic increases in donations and seat costs, the point system doesn't really mean much for probably 80-90% of people with points anymore. A lot of the season tickets are in these huge pooled blocks because people wanted to pool their priority points. Therefore it's mostly just businesses and large familys jockeying for position in the top 1000 spots.

I've been a TeamMaker for 15 years and my points are pretty much worthless as I haven't been able to get any ticket allocations with them in a pretty long time. I imagine if past athletes didn't have internal people working harder to get them tickets that the 100 points that they get for being a letterwinner are pretty much now worthless at this point as well.

It is what it is.
    A couple of things, just for clarification only:

1. I can't speak to if a person or business could EVER pool priority points at one time, but I'm pretty sure that you can't do so today. In our group that tailgates together, we have a few of us that have decent priority point totals, but our tailgating spots were earned on only the highest single point total, and are in that person's name only (mine ) . I'm sure we could have had at least two more people in our group that could have had their own tailgating spots in their own names, if they had chosen to.

Same with any allocated tickets we put in for, all of them are received or not received based on individual account holder priority points - not pooled.

2. I am in the Top-1000 in priority points (according to my listed account rank), and I am neither a business, nor a large family. My points have never been pooled with anything or anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post

1. I can't speak to if a person or business could EVER pool priority points at one time, but I'm pretty sure that you can't do so today. In our group that tailgates together, we have a few of us that have decent priority point totals, but our tailgating spots were earned on only the highest single point total, and are in that person's name only (mine ) . I'm sure we could have had at least two more people in our group that could have had their own tailgating spots in their own names, if they had chosen to.

Same with any allocated tickets we put in for, all of them are received or not received based on individual account holder priority points - not pooled.

2. I am in the Top-1000 in priority points (according to my listed account rank), and I am neither a business, nor a large family. My points have never been pooled with anything or anyone.
    We tossed around forming an LLC with our tailgate group and use it to donate as a group so no one single person owned the priority points or tailgate setup. It stayed with the bus(well, LLC) as long as someone was controlling it.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    We tossed around forming an LLC with our tailgate group and use it to donate as a group so no one single person owned the priority points or tailgate setup. It stayed with the bus(well, LLC) as long as someone was controlling it.
    Yeah, I could see people doing that, but still, I believe, each individual member of the LLC would NOT be able to transfer their prior individual priority points, if they had any, into the new LLC and pool them that way. The LLC would have to earn priority points on it's own, after formation. Can anyone confirm if I am right on this?

Yeah, I could see people doing that, but still, I believe, each individual member of the LLC would NOT be able to transfer their prior individual priority points, if they had any, into the new LLC and pool them that way. The LLC would have to earn priority points on it's own, after formation. Can anyone confirm if I am right on this?
    AFAIK, you are correct. I believe the only way you can transfer points is death. I got burned by this when my dad passed and my uncle took over our account. The points didn't transfer to my uncle but from my research, they would have transferred to me.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

You seemed to be using my use of the word "pooling" way to literally. We've already had one person on this thread talk about how he has 22 season tickets. Obviously, he/she isn't one family sitting in 22 seats. I know of quite a few instances of one person who has the name on the account consolidating several ticket purchases to that one account for the purposes of points. And that's fine with me. My point was that the new point system is pretty much useless now for most of your average TeamMakers.

I said mostly. Good for you.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Arrow Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

-Entire West side needs to be reserved tailgating for buses, campers, etc. Lot opens The day before at 5:00 for overnighters.

-Northern east lot for game day tailgaters. Could be GA or reserved or a combination depending on demand. Opens 6:00am game day.

-New southern east Lot parking garage. All reserved spots. (Goes by level, not exact spot) Opens 6:00 am game day. Make it plush, connected to both BSA and dome via skywalk.

-Everything else as is.

*Edited to add custom Gameday show studio location on top of parking garage. Should be able to see Chicago from up there. /sorta purple

Just an update:

I still am not seeing many of the passes posted anywhere and plans should be firming up for folks. Hope some folks can provide some "reporting from the ground" on the GA line Fri and Sat and if folks are turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Just an update:

I still am not seeing many of the passes posted anywhere and plans should be firming up for folks. Hope some folks can provide some "reporting from the ground" on the GA line Fri and Sat and if folks are turned away.
    Why do you think there is a huge quantity of tailgating passes available for this game? The games in September and homecoming are always packed for tailgating. Most people who have season tailgate passes have them specifically for these games?

Why do you care so much since you aren't even coming? It's like you are taking glee with any issues they have. Such bizarre behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Why do you think there is a huge quantity of tailgating passes available for this game? The games in September and homecoming are always packed for tailgating. Most people who have season tailgate passes have them specifically for these games?

Why do you care so much since you aren't even coming? It's like you are taking glee with any issues they have. Such bizarre behavior.
    I'm interested if the entire GA system has a meltdown; this is about the only place with any reliable information. It was already a crazy broken system for early season games, but now unless every person in the new reserved spots comes out of that line AND they sell ones they don't use, this will be a meltdown of epic proportions. I think we should all be interested since many were skeptical of the logic of expanding reserved tailgating without expanded full tailgating. So if that is taking "glee" guilty as charged, but not how I'd term it.

There is also a good chance folks actively defy tailgating rules and just do it discretely where ever; I want to know what happens since not there.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm interested if the entire GA system has a meltdown; this is about the only place with any reliable information. It was already a crazy broken system for early season games, but now unless every person in the new reserved spots comes out of that line AND they sell ones they don't use, this will be a meltdown of epic proportions. I think we should all be interested since many were skeptical of the logic of expanding reserved tailgating without expanded full tailgating. So if that is taking "glee" guilty as charged, but not how I'd term it.

There is also a good chance folks actively defy tailgating rules and just do it discretely where ever; I want to know what happens since not there.
    Still not sure why you care for a game you aren't coming to. Also, still don't understand why you think there will be a huge quantity of empty spaces. But I often don't understand you, so I guess none of this is anything new.