Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    They probably should have a progressive point system for consecutive years. A bonus loyalty program. I forget what it is now that we get but instead of X amount of points if you were a TM last year, have it be 3X if you have been a TM for 3 consecutive years. 11X for 11 consecutive years. Then it isn't all about straight cash and rewards those who keep coming no matter what.

The priority points have become all about the money and you can buy your way to the top. That is not bad for the organization to cash in on the good years. You also have to figure out a way to reward the loyal fans who will still be there years after the bandwagon fans have left. A loyalty bonus that has some teeth gives you that. Not nominal points but actual exponential growth. It not only rewards growth, if we were to ever experience lean years, it will encourage people to stay on the boat because they won't want the consecutive year bonus to lapse.

Now for most of us in TM, it probably still doesn't matter because an ultramajority move up together. What it does do is make it more difficult to simply buy your way ahead of the pack.
    All of this makes sense. Too much sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do feel sorry for younger Bison fans. I graduated 7 years ago and the only reason we got our spots is because one of our friends who we tailgate with has a family business that is way up on the priority points list. Without that we wouldn't even be in the equation for getting spots. Students that are graduating now have basically zero chance at tickets or tailgating and I'm not sure it is really healthy for the well being of the program down the line if nothing changes.

I would agree that the school is in a tough spot but at this point they've had plenty of time to figure something out.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

its SO simple to fix:

Make ALL lots Alcohol , East and South of Dome. its 2017 Enough with this anti alcohol crowd.. all of our kids have seen us have a beer or 5.

Grow up NDSU & Police!! Has 1 person ever been arrested at NDSU tailgate in last 5 years?? ANY??

this is embarassing, quit being small time in every single thing you do NDSU ADMIN!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think the more fans that tailgate, the better for NDSU and the game day experience. I am all about expanding the herd and getting as many people to tailgate or follow the Bison. I think NDSU has done a good job of this.

The concern in the back of my mind with the the new reserved lot is that it could actually limit tailgating opportunities for fans and especially for some current GA and newbies to the herd. It all depends on who got the new reserved spots. If the new spots went to current GA groups, then the overall capacity will be similar and although GA will have fewer spots it should also have at least theoretically fewer groups trying to get those spots. If the spots went to parkers, then overall true tailgate capacity will be reduced and there will be even more pressure on fewer GA spots.

I think we saw some of this with the last round of expansion. Just compare the tailgate density of the newer NW reserved lot when compared to the GA lots. No comparison. Lots of empty spots or parked cars there while GA was overflowing and packed in tight. Which atmosphere is better? Both are ok in my opinion and one is like downtown and the other is like the suburbs. I do find it ironic that Fargo promotes the density of downtown and development but not as much for tailgating because at tailgating there need to be more rules and restrictions. I like the randomness of GA and meet more fans with the mingling of different groups each week. Yes, the GA line up is weird but also cool as some "free" tailgating Friday night. One thing about GA it is amazing the number of fans that don't have tickets to the game but just tailgate. I don't want those fans to be left out of tailgating or fewer newbies starting up. We were all newbies at some point.

I wouldn't mind seeing an element of chance to at least some of the new ticket and tailgate pass allocation. This would give new graduates and fans at least a chance of getting them. Say for every team maker point or every year you apply for reserved passes you get one ball in the hopper. The more balls the better chance of scoring some tickets (you get the drift).

Either way, tailgating starts in either 6 or 7 days depending on when you line up. Can't wait to see the new rigs and groups!

Another note to add to PL Teammakers point post above. I find it annoying at best that someone with 2 season ticket gets one TM point and someone like myself with 22 season tickets also gets 1 TM point. Is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I do feel sorry for younger Bison fans. I graduated 7 years ago and the only reason we got our spots is because one of our friends who we tailgate with has a family business that is way up on the priority points list. Without that we wouldn't even be in the equation for getting spots. Students that are graduating now have basically zero chance at tickets or tailgating and I'm not sure it is really healthy for the well being of the program down the line if nothing changes.

I would agree that the school is in a tough spot but at this point they've had plenty of time to figure something out.
    This is correct, disconnecting alum even more will hurt future fans, too bad they can't do something
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Another note to add to PL Teammakers point post above. I find it annoying at best that someone with 2 season ticket gets one TM point and someone like myself with 22 season tickets also gets 1 TM point. Is that fair?

Never thought about this, it's true consecutive season ticket owners really should be counted per seat, we pay per seat. Damn...i would have 80 more points

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Whoa, wait what? I thought you were given 1 pt/ticket/year. I don't manage our account but that was my assumption based on something I read years ago.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Whoa, wait what? I thought you were given 1 pt/ticket/year. I don't manage our account but that was my assumption based on something I read years ago.
    Last time I checked I was only getting 1 point a year and we have 2 season tickets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Last time I checked I was only getting 1 point a year and we have 2 season tickets.
    I have 8, only 1 point

But they don't forget to charge dues for each seat