Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
To be brutally honest, given the drastic increases in donations and seat costs, the point system doesn't really mean much for probably 80-90% of people with points anymore. A lot of the season tickets are in these huge pooled blocks because people wanted to pool their priority points. Therefore it's mostly just businesses and large familys jockeying for position in the top 1000 spots.

I've been a TeamMaker for 15 years and my points are pretty much worthless as I haven't been able to get any ticket allocations with them in a pretty long time. I imagine if past athletes didn't have internal people working harder to get them tickets that the 100 points that they get for being a letterwinner are pretty much now worthless at this point as well.

It is what it is.
A couple of things, just for clarification only:

1. I can't speak to if a person or business could EVER pool priority points at one time, but I'm pretty sure that you can't do so today. In our group that tailgates together, we have a few of us that have decent priority point totals, but our tailgating spots were earned on only the highest single point total, and are in that person's name only (mine ) . I'm sure we could have had at least two more people in our group that could have had their own tailgating spots in their own names, if they had chosen to.

Same with any allocated tickets we put in for, all of them are received or not received based on individual account holder priority points - not pooled.

2. I am in the Top-1000 in priority points (according to my listed account rank), and I am neither a business, nor a large family. My points have never been pooled with anything or anyone.