Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    When the weather get colder, the "fair weather" tailgators will be selling their spots. That will be people's beat chance.
    Hopefully selling, it didn't appear to work last week, many open by me
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

How does NDSU seriously believe that expanding reserved will help reduce the demand for GA spaces? All they're doing is providing additional parking spaces for the rich while taking away from the poor. You can spin it in whatever direction you'd like to support NDSU's stance, but it's all smoke and a joke.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    How does NDSU seriously believe that expanding reserved will help reduce the demand for GA spaces? All they're doing is providing additional parking spaces for the rich while taking away from the poor. You can spin it in whatever direction you'd like to support NDSU's stance, but it's all smoke and a joke.
    I'm going to guess they just wanted that lineup to be smaller. They didn't really care who got the spots or didn't.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My opinions on this are quite clear, so you know I agree with you. However, it is legit to argue that by making the tailgating passes on a week by week basis, you could have the reserved lots fuller than before. I have seen many spots open in the last few years in the NW area, even during premo early season tailgating. This is the reason I was following that market so closely last week as it was the was the only way to cut GA in 1/2 and somehow still help GA tailgaters. (Enough reserved folks unload to GA folks, that the issues of the line and number of GA spots go away.) With that said, you had a combination of excellent reserved turnout (as expected), excellent GA turnout (as expected) and a lack of passes transferred that should have been. (Some posters did again note open reserved spots.)

So what happened? Folks started doing illegal tailgating with horrible things like beer in the East lots. If no changes are made, they (Dome, City, NDSU) will slowly lose control and I find it fascinating they don't see that. Perhaps that is best, anyway.

Do you not see that NDSU is playing the game to get what they want? Look at the end game as I mentioned last year and the year before that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Do you not see that NDSU is playing the game to get what they want? Look at the end game as I mentioned last year and the year before that.
    They really should just have the west side of the dome as reserved tailgating and open another lot for GA tailgating. This way you can have the two reserved lots lineup in different spots to allow for a quicker time in. It really does not seem to be that hard.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I think the best option is flipping to the east side. 250 more spots so it's not a mad influx of supply. Then make the west side no alcohol and regular parking.

Costs would be more than we think though. They would need to label every sport as I don't think they're labeled or painted now

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    They really should just have the west side of the dome as reserved tailgating and open another lot for GA tailgating. This way you can have the two reserved lots lineup in different spots to allow for a quicker time in. It really does not seem to be that hard.
    Most definitely agree. And put the GA folks far away...I don't even like looking at them. And then they come into our tailgate...filthy.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the best option is flipping to the east side. 250 more spots so it's not a mad influx of supply. Then make the west side no alcohol and regular parking.

Costs would be more than we think though. They would need to label every sport as I don't think they're labeled or painted now
    I am not against this. My question is how many 'more" spots would current reserved people want? Our group would like to go from 4 to 6.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Most definitely agree. And put the GA folks far away...I don't even like looking at them. And then they come into our tailgate...filthy.
    Make tailgating great again.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.