Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

IMO the game day experience won't be approaching its full potential until all parking lots immediately adjacent to the dome are hosting some form, GA or reserved, of tailgating. This includes the donor lot. The only exception should be accessible parking spaces. Other than that, if you only want to park your car either pay for a reserved spot or park further away and walk.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    You might be right, but I'm not convinced of it yet. Even though Lot C has been discussed as overflow for GA at the present time, I'm not convinced that they (the Fargo Dome) want to use it for GA on a permanent, regular basis. The Fargo Dome is going to want to continue to have plenty of regular and accessible parking spots for it's game day constituents that don't tailgate. Which is why I think in the long term, GA tailgating gets it's own location somewhere away from the Dome itself.

I could be wrong. Time will tell.
    umm...increase the GA fee to oh say $10/spot

id take the revenue from the tailgate crowd and the casual people can either pay up or walk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Wonder if they only let people in the ga lot if they had tickets would help.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    IMO the game day experience won't be approaching its full potential until all parking lots immediately adjacent to the dome are hosting some form, GA or reserved, of tailgating. This includes the donor lot. The only exception should be accessible parking spaces. Other than that, if you only want to park your car either pay for a reserved spot or park further away and walk.
    What evidence do you have that this will work? I mean besides it working literally everywhere else?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    umm...increase the GA fee to oh say $10/spot

id take the revenue from the tailgate crowd and the casual people can either pay up or walk
    Oh sure, even $15 or $20 wouldn't be too much, IMO, but what I don't know is..........where does the revenue go for each tailgating spot? If reserved tailgating is $20 per spot, does the Dome get $5 and TM gets anything over $5? If that's the case, then the Dome is probably like "meh". If the Dome gets it all, then you have a much different story. I'm guessing the Dome gets it's $5 on each spot, which could be one reason why additional tailgating hasn't been developed yet - they don't see a big advantage to it?

Again, I could be wrong here. Anyone chime in if you know how the economics are structured.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wonder if they only let people in the ga lot if they had tickets would help.
    It might but I would imagine 99% have tickets within their group.

I think upping the price could help a little. Or at the very least discourage people from taking the max number of spots while putting a few bucks in the athletic departments pocket (if they would get to keep it) I know if I had GA I would take as many as they give me at the current price which is chump change

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Just move all of the tailgating to the east side of the dome and make it all reserved. More spots over there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We don't have enough tickets for our whole family to go to the games so typically we will pay $5 to park in the east lot and walk over to tailgating. Then my wife will usually take our 2 small daughters home while I go to the game. I really don't want to have to park further away. It's difficult enough to get the girls into the car and back to the dome to my seat before the tunnel walk, as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    We don't have enough tickets for our whole family to go to the games so typically we will pay $5 to park in the east lot and walk over to tailgating. Then my wife will usually take our 2 small daughters home while I go to the game. I really don't want to have to park further away. It's difficult enough to get the girls into the car and back to the dome to my seat before the tunnel walk, as it is.

Some would say leave tailgating a few minutes earlier to allow for that time to get it all done.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Just move all of the tailgating to the east side of the dome and make it all reserved. More spots over there.
    There is a reason why the powers-that-be wanted all tailgating to be on the west side to even begin with. Those reasons still exist, I'm sure, in their minds, and even so, I very much doubt that they take the entire setup as it is now and flip it to the east side. The logistics would be a large undertaking and ultimately, unnecessary.

If they use the East side in the future for more tailgating, they'll just simply grow into it. When you think about it, like most things associated with NDSU Football, it's a nice problem to have.