Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

I almost always used a koozie and never got hassled.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're obviously trying to avoid the whole fiasco where a guy in his 3 ton truck and ice fishing home drives right down the middle of the tailgate 30 min after it's opened and people have set up.

I mean would opening GA the same time they open reserve be that much of a burden? At least if you open at the same time you're a half hour into the sorting process rather than 8 guys in yellow vests or coats bullshitting by the barriers until 9:00.

But that idea is immediately flushed when some Johnny come lately shows up at 11:30 and needs to park in new reserved to head to his actual tailgate in old reserved

The half hour ahead of time rule makes no sense at all to this day. What's the point of it

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Just don't be a moron about your drink and you can probably get away with not using a cup/mug. Can koozies go a long way in covering up what you are drinking. Glass is a no brainer on the concrete, but just do what you do and keep a low profile and it'll be fine.

In the reserved lots? I guess I haven't seen much of this anymore. We had it happen a few times and we'd just pull right into where they were standing regardless. People would look at us like we just murdered their first born. We'd flat out tell them no saving spots, if you have a problem, I'll gladly go find security to sort it all out. We got here the day before, the hell if you are going to show up 15 mins before and steal where we are parking.
    no they would walk thru the reserved and stand in the GA, beings we are in 1/2 hour early it was easy to see
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    TAB, I don't think that is nuts. The only possible logic I've seen in this is NDSU wants to make it such a cluster folks unload on the City or illegally tailgate in such numbers, the city balks at doing anything to them helping force the issue.
    JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Just don't be a moron about your drink and you can probably get away with not using a cup/mug. Can koozies go a long way in covering up what you are drinking. Glass is a no brainer on the concrete, but just do what you do and keep a low profile and it'll be fine.
    You're missing the entire point. Why does it need to be covered up? That doesn't magically get you around the open container law. West Fargo suspends their open container law for a certain part of town for certain hours during cruise nights. Fargo could do the exact same thing for tailgating. It's not about "what you can get away with". I have seen it enforced with people using a can koozie (just another rule that doesn't seem to be enforced consistently). I'm sick of the extra trash it creates for ZERO benefit or reason.

As far as the keg/party ball rule I don't see the point, if it's about volume then it makes no sense because I could regulate the distribution out of a keg(s) more than I can 10-15 cases of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    You're missing the entire point. Why does it need to be covered up? That doesn't magically get you around the open container law. West Fargo suspends their open container law for a certain part of town for certain hours during cruise nights. Fargo could do the exact same thing for tailgating. It's not about "what you can get away with". I have seen it enforced with people using a can koozie (just another rule that doesn't seem to be enforced consistently). I'm sick of the extra trash it creates for ZERO benefit or reason.

As far as the keg/party ball rule I don't see the point, if it's about volume then it makes no sense because I could regulate the distribution out of a keg(s) more than I can 10-15 cases of beer.
    Trust me, I get it. It's ridiculous. Part of the reason they do it is so they can have that control. You broke the rules, get out! kind of a thing. See, we were enforcing them!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post

They don't make party balls anymore. It's ridiculous, I know. Call around to the liquor stores and ask for one and they will act like you're speaking gibberish.

Back to bitching about tailgating.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    They don't make party balls anymore. It's ridiculous, I know. Call around to the liquor stores and ask for one and they will act like you're speaking gibberish.

Back to bitching about tailgating.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    man those were awesome.....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Question. The updated policies (http://gobison.com/documents/2013/7/...tingPolicy.pdf) now appear to say that you can't tailgate, without alcohol even, in the east lots. Anyone know if this is now policy? Or just an oversight while attempting to be clear about the alcohol?

B) will the old people who claim that "just tailgate in the east lots" shut up now?
    Hail Hydra.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    man those were awesome.....
    They certainly had their place