Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Default Re: 2017 Tailgating Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    So then, honest and fair question here, I think.

By extension of your thinking above, if a large enough number of people felt that there was no need to buy season reserved tailgating spots, because there was always ample GA spots anytime they wanted them.....................what would be the need for reserved tailgating spots at all?

In other words, how many people would drop their more expensive, committed-to, PREPAID (all three of which are great for the program overall) reserved spots, if they knew that they were ALWAYS going to be taken care of during the heavy demand games?
    I think if GA was expanded to where anyone who ever wanted to tailgate would be able to find a spot could you'd still have people that but 5 them, if you do it right. You have to have tiered pricing for the spots and advertise the perks.

Something like the west lot is $25/spot but its paved, next to the dome, and reserved so it guarantees you the same spot each week. If you want a GA spot it will be on the Rugby field and you'll have to walk, but you'll get a spot and only pay $5.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Tailgate parking passes in pickup. Tailgate gear all cleaned and pack. Food and beverages for first tailgate purchased. Saturday at 9:00 will not get here fast enough. The March is On!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I have 8, only 1 point

But they don't forget to charge dues for each seat
    IF you look at your account on Gobison.com and look at the details of the points, it does not give a point for buying ANY season tickets, the
    points are for consecutive years of buying tickets for all the sports.

Consecutive Years of FB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    xx
    Consecutive Years of MB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    Consecutive Years of WB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    Consecutive Years of WR Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    Consecutive Years of VB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)

My zeros are due to circumstances of the new bb arena. they will be back as points next year.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    IF you look at your account on Gobison.com and look at the details of the points, it does not give a point for buying ANY season tickets, the
    points are for consecutive years of buying tickets for all the sports.

Consecutive Years of FB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    xx
    Consecutive Years of MB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    Consecutive Years of WB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    Consecutive Years of WR Season Tickets (1 pt/year)
    Consecutive Years of VB Season Tickets (1 pt/year)

My zeros are due to circumstances of the new bb arena. they will be back as points next year.
    correct, but each seat with the TM dues should count shouldn't it? BTW I didnt bring it up just agree that each seat is paid for individually and should count IMO
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    correct, but each seat with the TM dues should count shouldn't it? BTW I didnt bring it up just agree that each seat is paid for individually and should count IMO
    You get 1 point for each account on the consecutive years part, you gain "extra" points for having multiple seats thru the donation portion (1pt/$50). If you want points doing even just $100 to teammakers (which is the minimum to join) will give you 2 points...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

First three home games will be tough to buy second hand from teaerved tailgate folks because the weather is nice and everyone tailgates. The final 3 will have a lot more opportunity because theree always seemed to be open sposta in reserved. "Fair weather" tailgaters should be mire then willing to sell their spots and make some money.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    You get 1 point for each account on the consecutive years part, you gain "extra" points for having multiple seats thru the donation portion (1pt/$50). If you want points doing even just $100 to teammakers (which is the minimum to join) will give you 2 points...

Of course if the person is buying 8 seats presume they are paying 8 team makers fees and getting that credits but the
    point made was they are buying 8 seats and get 1 point. I also get more points for my donation , but only 1 point for the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Of course if the person is buying 8 seats presume they are paying 8 team makers fees and getting that credits but the
    point made was they are buying 8 seats and get 1 point. I also get more points for my donation , but only 1 point for the seat.
    I know where he's coming from. But does this create an unfair advantage somehow? That someone with 4 seats (in three same seating level) is getting ahead?

I can see the argument, but you're still getting points for the required donation. It's not like they're charging you $100/seat but not giving you those 2 points on that seat. The point is free to everyone, and keeps the values of the points relatively equal to $50 across the board. Sure, some of us who are only paying $25/seat have that free point mean a little more on a $/point level, but those donation prices are going to be going up.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

To be brutally honest, given the drastic increases in donations and seat costs, the point system doesn't really mean much for probably 80-90% of people with points anymore. A lot of the season tickets are in these huge pooled blocks because people wanted to pool their priority points. Therefore it's mostly just businesses and large familys jockeying for position in the top 1000 spots.

I've been a TeamMaker for 15 years and my points are pretty much worthless as I haven't been able to get any ticket allocations with them in a pretty long time. I imagine if past athletes didn't have internal people working harder to get them tickets that the 100 points that they get for being a letterwinner are pretty much now worthless at this point as well.

It is what it is.